teensy 3.1 pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francois

I would like to check on the forum before i supply voltage to my teensy (i'd hate to burn it because i did not take the time to ask). I am building a RC transmitter with a teensy 3.1, the pulse position library and a hobby king radio send ppm to my plane and Xbee send serial data back to the radio. I can not supply the Xbee strait from pin 3 of the teensy because Xbees requires 200mA and pin 3 is rated to 100mA.

So I would like to make sure I understand the pin out of the teensy 3.1 before i do something stupid...

1 - Can I suply regulated 3.3V through pin 3 of the teensy?
2 - What is other 3.3V pin next to the Vbat on the small side of the teensy?
3 - What is Vbat?

Thank you for your help,

Francois

1) yes
2) not sure
3) That's for a coin cell battery for the builtin rtc (which requires an additional crystal)

2 - What is other 3.3V pin next to the Vbat on the small side of the teensy?

It the same as the 3.3V pin next to AGND and digital pin 23.

Likewise, the GND pin on the right hand side, next to that 3.3V and near the pushbutton, is the same GND as the GND pin on the lower left corner, next to digital pin 0.

Most people use the 2 locations on the left, but sometimes it's really convenient to access the power on the right hand side of the board. Every Teensy makes its power lines available at both locations.

Mike,

thanks for your comment. No my project is not documented, but i will post everything once it is complete.

The first version of my transmitter worked with an Arduino due and a picture can be found here: http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=202592.0

The new version uses a Teensy 3.1, and it tiny wonder solved many problems (especially with timing). Now I can send ppm and receive ppm (though trainer port) and send/receive data though Xbees all at the same time without a glitch. My project is still under development, here is what it looks like:

33avrki.jpg

My progress is slow, I wish I had more time to work on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back