How to give away free PCB's? Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

firebirduino

When I made a prototype that includes a solderless breadboard, I often found an area underneath was unpopulated.

It was a waste, so I added some circuits for different applications. Recently I made one for the Teensy3.
I call it Pi-Duino Base Board, because it can be used for the Raspberry PI or Teensy3, and they also can communicate each other.

I can give away 50 Pi-Duino BB boards for free. It's easy to build because it's basically a through hole board.

I was thinking about assembling some for $9 each to help some users get up and running faster, but I don't have enough free time in the near future.
The prototype will never be made again, so this is one time event. The schematic is available now online. http://www.firebirduino.com/piduino_teensy/

I will post Gerber files later if you are interested. Anyone can make and sell it, it's license free, but I am not interested in making it.

If I ask someone to distribute, what if he does nothing but leaves them in his closet? That's a different way to waste.

In summary, I want to find a way of how to distribute it at lowest cost possible for me. Anyone has a suggestion?

Let interested parties reply to this thread ONE TIME, and then have a random drawing. Winners are responsible for shipping cost (probably $2-$3 for USPS 1st class mail).

Your first idea was not bad, thanks, but I don't think more than 50 people will reply before I ship the PCB's, so the random drawing will not become a reality.

@linuxgeek and Christoph, your idea is good too, thanks, I will contact Paul and to see if he can help. I prefer giving them away with orders, because real Teensy3 users will get them for sure.

EDIT: The shipping method and beta testers are found, the thread is closed, thank you all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back