Teensy 3.1 not loading sketches

Status
Not open for further replies.

A. Williams

I load up a simple blink led sketch, connect the teensy 3.1 chip, run the sketch and attempt to boot it (i click the onboard physical button) to the teensy chip but the teensyloader (i'm running ver 1.17) doesn't move and the teensy chip doesn't load the sketch. Do you guys have any idea what could be the issue?

I am running windows 7

I have tested the very same blink sketch on a teensy 2.0 and it works fine.

I would seriously appreciate any help you guys have... as you can guess already this is a serious major setback :(

Updated to teensyduino 1.18 and still no dice. The teensy 3.1 shows in up in the arduino ide, Everything compiles ok, and the teensyloader screen pops up. However, when I click the reset button on the teensy chip, the teensyloader loading bar doesn't even show up and nothing happens. However, I do the same process with a teensy 2.0 chip and everything works fine. This is literally the first thing I've tried to do with this 3.1 chip right out of the package. Perhaps there's some sort of 1st time use protocol only for teensy 3.1 that I'm over looking?

This is seriously a bizarre problem that I can for the life of me seem to solve, and it's been a couple weeks now :(

strange... it looks like this is a problem with only one of my chips... I've got another 3.1 out of the package up and running

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back