Teensy 3.1 SketchUp model

Status
Not open for further replies.

wibauxl

If you ever want to build an enclosure for your Teensy project, one easy way to go is to design it in SketchUp, export as stl and print on a 3D printer.
This is a quick job; since I did not know the exact components used by PJRC, I reused existing ones (i.e. micro-usb, LQFP64...): enough to design enclosures.

Here attached are 3 versions of the Teensy 3.1 module:
- Module (Teensy-3.1.skp)
- Module with pins (Teensy-3.1-pins.skp)
- Module with all the pins, including the bottom ones (Teensy-3.1-all-pins.skp)

Laurent

Attachments

• Teensy-3.1-all-pins.jpg
    Teensy-3.1-all-pins.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 482
  • Teensy-3.1-pins.jpg
    Teensy-3.1-pins.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 1,155
  • Teensy-3.1.jpg
    Teensy-3.1.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,260
  • Teensy-3.1-SketchUp.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,040
Thanks for doing this. However, when I opened it in Sketchup 2014, it showed up in meters instead of millimeters. I changed it to millimeters and am attaching it here.

Attachments

• Teensy-3.1-SketchUp resized.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 477
Thanks for doing this. However, when I opened it in Sketchup 2014, it showed up in meters instead of millimeters.
This is intentional since the standard in EagleUp is to describe all components with a scale of 1:1000 (it is much easier to enter manually the dimensions: no need to type 0.00235, just type 2.35).
If you reuse the Teensy 3.1 as I have attached in an Eagle board and use EagleUp to generate the 3D view of your board, you won't have to scale it.

Do you happen to have an Eagle schematic of the Teensy board? Not the LBR file, but the actual SCH file and or BRD file for Eagle?

Thanks!

Do you happen to have an Eagle schematic of the Teensy board? Not the LBR file, but the actual SCH file and or BRD file for Eagle?
Thanks!
Sorry, the only Eagle files I have contain the connector pins. The rest of the skp uses the photos of PJRC as textures and EagleUp components. Redoing the schematics provided by Paul in Eagle should be easy. The 4 layers board would be difficult I think... And the free version of Eagle only allows 2 layers.

Thanks!

True it is a 4 layer board, but you can make it a 2 layer board. Would just be larger and a plane for power would be removed.

Would anyone be interested in an Eagle file SCH and BRD file if I made those?

Thanks!

True it is a 4 layer board, but you can make it a 2 layer board. Would just be larger and a plane for power would be removed.

Would anyone be interested in an Eagle file SCH and BRD file if I made those?

That would be nice indeed. I work in DesignSpark but it should be possible to convert these files.

By the way the sketchup files do not open in designspark. Anybody else who succeeded in opening them in design spark?...

Sketchup works well for me in designspark.
You need to save as with Sketchup version 7.

Downloaded the re sized zip file and still am unable to get design spark to import. I went to options on import in design spark and selected V7 from default V8.
Electrumpetplayer, can you post a stp file?

Downloaded the re sized zip file and still am unable to get design spark to import. I went to options on import in design spark and selected V7 from default V8.
Electrumpetplayer, can you post a stp file?

I would like to do that but how do I attach a file here?

If you have sketchup yourself you should be able to load the files from above (I used the resized ones) and use save as in sketchup where you can select version 7 or version 8. I did that on a mac (OSX Mavericks latest version of sketchup) and imported it in designspark mechanical (not the PCB version....) under Parallels 9 (PC emulation on the MAC) / windows 8.1. It does not look exactly the same and some features do not get through though.

Best, Hans.

I would like to do that but how do I attach a file here?

If you have sketchup yourself you should be able to load the files from above (I used the resized ones) and use save as in sketchup where you can select version 7 or version 8. I did that on a mac (OSX Mavericks latest version of sketchup) and imported it in designspark mechanical (not the PCB version....) under Parallels 9 (PC emulation on the MAC) / windows 8.1. It does not look exactly the same and some features do not get through though.

Best, Hans.

Don't hit post quick reply. Instead click "Go Advanced" then you will see the attachment icon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back