T3.1 Components usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

kundu

Can Anyone tell me the package and vendor of the diode and fuse used in T3.1 board?

Are the resistor, capacitor & ferrite pads use in T3.1 kemet reflow type ?

Also,is it possible to HAND solder and de-solder(with solder wick) the 4mm version of the Mini54 chip ?

Lastly,it would be helpful if anyone could post an eagle library of any 4mm package of the mini54 chip(a general 4mm package would also help).

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if you could reliably desolder a pinless chip like the smaller mini 54's without permanently harming them. If it were possible, my guess would involve either a hot air reflow station with the right tool or a massive amount of Quikchip around the perimeter followed by a heat and a flip. I'm obviously speaking as a hobbyist here, not as a hardcore pro who has the right equipment and training.

Id love to add the 4mm version and the BGA to the eagle library but I'm totally swamped at the moment at work and home. Sorry!

Thanks for the answers but these questions are still left to be answered :

Can Anyone tell me the package and vendor of the diode and fuse used in T3.1 board?

Are the resistor, capacitor & ferrite pads use in T3.1 kemet reflow type ?

:p

Frankly, the questions you're asking are probably only of interest to someone interested in making forged clones of the Teensy, and people here are not interested in helping you do that.

Frankly, the questions you're asking are probably only of interest to someone interested in making forged clones of the Teensy, and people here are not interested in helping you do that
How about if I say I'm making a single pcb Lcd screen(iteadstudio) + wifi(SDIO) + teensy project(I don't know if this qualifies as a clone !! :p) and would be highly interested to know these things since I'm new to soldering and was thinking of de-soldering components off the teensy board to my prototype ?
And in-shop smd components are rare in this part of the world.I'm new to pcb design also and the adafruit lib shows two types of pads for passives.Hence, my doubt.

I guess if my doubts are answered then the only concern for me would be the nuvoton chip.

Frankly, the questions you're asking are probably only of interest to someone interested in making forged clones of the Teensy, and people here are not interested in helping you do that.

It can't be that forged if your using the Mini54 that can only be got pre programmed from pjrc anyway. And I believe that's where Paul gets most of his licensing royalties from. Destroying a Teensy to get the parts is not eactly a cost effective way of Cloning a Teensy.

Also,is it possible to HAND solder and de-solder(with solder wick) the 4mm version of the Mini54 chip ?

You sorta can, just the center pad is going to be very difficult to solder with an iron. Find yourself a cheap hot air gun off eaby and you can desolder and solder this chip alot easier. Remember to use a lot of flux.

If you want to solder it back on a home made PCB then make sure you put a big hole under the center pad so that you can solder it. You may be able to get away with not having to solder this pad as it will be ground. As for the pins, just put some thin solder against the chip and run your iron along the edge. Wick up any bridges.
I've used this method a few times now on the Mini54 and it works. One thing I did learn from this is that the pad landing needs to extend a little further than detailed in the datasheet to help with getting a good connection hand soldering.

Lastly,it would be helpful if anyone could post an eagle library of any 4mm package of the mini54 chip(a general 4mm package would also help).

I'll link my one when I've uploaded it somewhere.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back