Teensyduino 1.19 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering what the change to serial break does. I have been using the teensy with labview for a long time and used to work pretty flawless. However now I seem to actually get a back log of data when I go to save the streaming data to disk. Before I used to get BSOD, but once I figured out to only read the serial if there was actually data waiting from the teensy, then that issue went away. Anyways, just wondering what the actual change is and when I get some time, I will try the old method of reading the serial port in labview and see what happens. Thanks.

Found 3 obscure bugs when attempting to use custom USB definitions. I'll make another fork, and post a pull request on github.

Just wondering what the change to serial break does.

It doesn't actually do anything.

Before 1.19, Teensy 3.x didn't respond properly to the break control transfer. Microsoft's USBSER.SYS driver didn't handle this well, usually causing the program trying to send a break to at least lock up, sometimes even leading to a BSOD.

Now Teensy 3.x send a proper acknowledgement to this USB control transfer, as required by the USB spec. But other than allowing the control transfer to complete correctly, Teensy 3.x doesn't actually do anything. Perhaps someday it should make the break status available, like it does for the baud rate, start/stop bits, DTR and RTS. Or maybe it should even call an optional event handler? But today, Teensy 3.x does nothing when the USB host sends the break control transfer, other than properly acknowledge the request as required by the USB spec (and Microsoft's buggy driver).

Hi,
On the Teensyduino, the "Next" button is not working ... my Arduino is version 1.5.6-r2

teensyduino 1.19.jpg

Pls help...

Yes. The supported version of Arduino is mentioned on the web page where the installer is downloaded. It's also mentioned on the first intro screen of the installer. But many people do not notice those locations.

Eventually, I'm planning to put a small question mark button right next to the "Next" button, which will bring up another window to explain which versions are supported, and (maybe) why the currently selected folder doesn't match any supported version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back