FIYO - Teensy 3x Home Status Notification Alert System Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

t3andy

FYIO - Teensy 3x Home Status Notification Alert System Project

I have 4 LED status indicators, in my office, from the following 4 pieces of electronic equipment:

#1. Mail Box (Mailbox Reminder Notification Alert - RF)
#2. Garage Door status indicator (Chamberlain Garage Door Monitor - RF)
#3. Driveway monitor (Driveway Patrol - Infrared / RF)
#4. Doorbell (Homemade RF)

I needed to receive email/alert notifications, on the internet, when someone
opens my mailbox, drives on my driveway, rings my doorbell (UPS/FEDEX) or opens
my garage door. Since I have LED status indications on all of the RF receivers
and did not want to hack into each RF receiver for the LED status then the only
other possible solution is to read the lux/light emitted from each status LED.

Parts needed:
TSL2561 I2C very sensitive Luminosity/Lux/Light Sensor Breakout (Sparkfun/Adafruit)
Teensy 3.0/3.1 small ARM stamp(s) (PJRC.com)
LED repeater status indicator for each device.
DS2413 1-Wire Two GPIO Controller Breakout (for connecting all remote status indicators on 1-Wire bus to the master controller)

Design:
(My next door neighbor came up with this novel design)

The Teensy 3x, TSL2561 and DS2413 are all enclosed, connected into a small compact rectangular enclosure.
Each Teensy 3x would process the complex TSL2561 lux/light algorithm. (Library provided by Sparkfun/Adafruit)
A special lux "light pipe" was constructed, from each enclosure, to connect to each LED status indicator RF receiver equipment.
The Teensy 3x would repeat the LED status on another LED attached on each enclosure since the original status indicator was blocked by the light pipe.
Also, the Teensy 3x would output this LED status into the 1-Wire DS2413 (input GPIO) for 1-wire transmission to the master Teensy 3x controller.
From the Teensy master, all 1-Wire LED status indicator(s) are sent into an IO Bridge gateway for the IoT "internet of things" alert notifications. (IOS/Android)

Needless to say, the above design solution is very costly but having the mailbox, garage door, doorbell and driveway monitors all on the internet is priceless!
(No pics available)

:cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back