IDE for Teensy

Status
Not open for further replies.

psepa

What do people use as an IDE for Teensy 3.1. Arduino 1.0.5?

Can Atmel Studio 6 be adapted to compile for the Teensy?

P.

thanks all. I installed Atmel studio and visual micro but I am having problems compiling. I am getting the "mk20dx256 not supported by Atmel Studio error".

I have three directories in C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\: arduino, teensy and tools.

Is there another configuration setting in Atmel studio to tell it where the teensy folder is?

Update:

In the C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\boards.txt file I inserted the settings from the Teensy boards.txt file but now the studio is not finding the libraries in this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\cores\teensy3

How do I tell Atmel that these libraries are there?

Last edited:
Good. I've been using Atmel Studio 6.1 with AVR and Teensy for quite a while. It's great. No longer need Arduino's IDE.

I was going to look into any Eclipse options but I just pulled down the Visual Micro plugin for Visual Studio 2010 - got some simple sketches to run right off. A more complex sketch apparently needs some config...getting all missing libraries, scope issues. Nothing that RTFM can't solve hopefully.
I'll probably switch over to that as I use VS2010 quite a bit.

I have been doing complex compilations with Visual Micro and have not had to alter its config. It uses the Arduino 1.0.5 GCC command line so it just works, for me.

Eclipse for Teensy 3 - I tried very hard to use it. I used it a lot last year for Python. But, sadly, there's just not a clear, concise and simple way to get it running for T3.
Visual Micro w/Studio, being free, is better for me - much more sophisticated, easy to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back