3D Printer Software with Teensy 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a problem... I cna't compile for Teensy 3.5...
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Wire\utility\twi.c:27:24: fatal error: compat/twi.h: No such file or directory

#include <compat/twi.h>

But the file is there

Is onboard SD card supported on Teensy 3.5 and 3.6 ?

Yes, it is. First, make sure Teensy is selected in Tools > Boards. Then open any of the examples from File > Examples > SD. Look at the comments in the example about how to select the built in SD card.

Paul thank you! I know that the card is suported . i used the 3.6 in my motion simulator:) I was asking @GhostPrototype if built in sd is supportd in his Marlin firmware :))
These 3.6 are amazing!

Not currently, but it would make sense to implement it.

Edit: Looking at the card reader in Marlin and the Teensy SD example, it could be nothing more than defining the correct SDSS pin. For the onboard on T3.5 and T3.6 this would be "BUILTIN_SDCARD".

Last edited:
This is way out of my reach. I don't know where to begin to edit the SD library for Builtin support :) The Marlin SD h and cpp files are very simmilar but still different. Maybe PaulStoffregen could thake a quick look on what to do. If he is not too busy :)

OK it seems something works :) I copied KinetisSDHC.c , Sd2Card.h from Pauls Teensy library
Changed -pins_TEENSY35_36.h - SDSS to BUILTIN_SDCARD
-Sd2Card.h - #include "src/HAL/HAL_TEENSY35_36/spi_pins.h"
Commented out Sd2Card.h lines: -uint8_t const SPI_FULL_SPEED = 0;
-uint8_t const SPI_FULL_SPEED = 1;
-uint8_t const SPI_FULL_SPEED = 2;
-uint8_t const SD_CHIP_SELECT_PIN = SS_PIN;
-uint8_t const SPI_MOSI_PIN = MOSI_PIN;
-uint8_t const SPI_MISO_PIN = MISO_PIN;
-uint8_t const SPI_SCK_PIN = SCK_PIN;

Hope I'm not forgeting anything (I tried multiple variants).
I don't know if this is the right thing to do or if I broke any parts of the code. But with these modifications the code compiles and I can init the card and read contents of the card and see the filenames :)
Update: it seems to work. The files are beeing read, in repetier you can upload files, mounting and dismounting works:)

Last edited:
Yes something like RADDS :) maybe RTDS :))
I am currently building a reprap from scratch and Im planning to use teensy 3.6.
My printer will be simple so I modified you firmware to support 128x64 LCD with K0108 driver. I had a few laying around so I didn't want to buy those with I2C support and I had no problems sacrificing 13 I/Os :)))

I found a problem with 3.6 an probably 3.5. The firmware does not ronun standalone. The LCD is lack and frozen at boot until you open a serial terminal. The same is even if you fo not connect the USB and you power from an external power supply. You always need to connect the USB and open the serial port. Then it runs normally

I found a problem with 3.6 an probably 3.5. The firmware does not ronun standalone. The LCD is lack and frozen at boot until you open a serial terminal. The same is even if you fo not connect the USB and you power from an external power supply. You always need to connect the USB and open the serial port. Then it runs normally

You didn't post code - this is likely a problem typical and simple within your code, likely one line in setup(), but it isn't shown - a forum search would show the answer - seeing the code the forum could confirm it and give corrective advice. A simple fix really - but the Teensy shouldn't be the first part to blame - and the forum rule is there for a great reason.

Not to be rude but this code is very big (15+ .h files). The code is on github that was posted by GhostPrototype. So posting code on the forum is rather hard :)

I am adding a comment here as I have a delta 3D printer that would benefit greatly from a more powerful processor than the 2580. I have a dozen or so 3.6, another dozen 3.5, and countless LC and 3.2 Teensy (Teensies?) here. I cloned Paul's repo from 4 years ago, but I think I need to search this topic for a better version.

At any rate, I am interested in adding to this and using the power of the Teensy to handle these kinematic calculations.

Man this must have been expensive :) I managed to get Marlin working with T3.6 and built in SD card...

I have a small addiction problem with Paul's products. Well, maybe not small.

Once I get the wireless and low power modes out, I'll be using them for much, much more!

I love teensys also:)) but I buy them when needed:))))

Any time I am at Micro Center, I pick a few up.

I also seem to like to order them late at night when I think I need 2 or 3 more for some random project that seems like a great idea at 2am.

They are fantastic though and I simply love working with them. Haven't melted one yet either!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back