Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Malloc error on Teensy 3.1 using Mac OS 10.9 and Arduino IDE

Malloc error on Teensy 3.1 using Mac OS 10.9 and Arduino IDE

After switching all my SD card code form SD to SdFat once I got all the normal new lib errors worked thru I get what looks like a linker error:

Code:
      Using previously compiled: /var/folders/rb/y3bt7gq151x05xlwpzpzc0hm0000gt/T/build7533490590131683916.tmp/arduino/hooks.c.o
    /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/arm-none-eabi/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -g -Os -Wall -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mcpu=cortex-m4 -DF_CPU=96000000 -MMD -DUSB_VID=null -DUSB_PID=null -DARDUINO=105 -mthumb -nostdlib -D__MK20DX256__ -DTEENSYDUINO=118 -DTIME_T=1404214698 -DUSB_SERIAL -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH -I/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/teensy/cores/teensy3 -I/Users/freddie/Documents/Arduino/libraries/arduino -I/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/OneWire -I/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/UTFT -I/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/Time -I/Users/freddie/Documents/Arduino/libraries/UTouch -I/Users/freddie/Documents/Arduino/libraries/DallasTemperature -I/Users/freddie/Documents/Arduino/libraries/SdFat -I/Users/freddie/Documents/Arduino/libraries/arduino/utility /Users/freddie/Documents/Arduino/libraries/arduino/malloc.c -o /var/folders/rb/y3bt7gq151x05xlwpzpzc0hm0000gt/T/build7533490590131683916.tmp/arduino/malloc.c.o 
    /Users/freddie/Documents/Arduino/libraries/arduino/malloc.c:67:26: warning: initialization makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
    /Users/freddie/Documents/Arduino/libraries/arduino/malloc.c: In function 'malloc':
    /Users/freddie/Documents/Arduino/libraries/arduino/malloc.c:163:7: error: 'AVR_STACK_POINTER_REG' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /Users/freddie/Documents/Arduino/libraries/arduino/malloc.c:163:7: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
    /Users/freddie/Documents/Arduino/libraries/arduino/malloc.c: In function 'realloc':
    /Users/freddie/Documents/Arduino/libraries/arduino/malloc.c:359:9: error: 'AVR_STACK_POINTER_REG' undeclared (first use in this function)
    Can anyone tell me which one of these include files is the guilty culprit for including malloc which seems to only work with AVR:

Code:
    // Arduino Libraries:
    #include "Arduino.h"
    #include "OneWire.h" //These are the libs for the One-Wire interface
    //#include "SD.h"  // We also need the SD card libraries for storing the data on the disk.
    #include "UTFT.h"  // We are going to use the TFT Display instead of the monitor
    #include "Time.h"  // Time is a library that provides timekeeping functionality for Teensy 3.1.

// User Libraries:
    #include <UTouch.h>  // We are also going to use the Touch Panel of the Display
    #include <DallasTemperature.h> //This is for reading the DS18S20 Temp Sensors.
    #include <SdFat.h>
    //#include <SdFatUtil.h>  // define FreeRam()
    #include <ArduinoStream.h>
    #include <bufstream.h>
    #include <ios.h>
    #include <iostream.h>
    #include <istream.h>
    #include <MinimumSerial.h>
    #include <ostream.h>
    #include <Sd2Card.h>
    #include <SdBaseFile.h>
    #include <SdFatConfig.h>
    #include <SdFatmainpage.h>
    #include <SdFatStructs.h>
    #include <SdFile.h>
    #include <SdInfo.h>
    #include <SdSpi.h>
    #include <SdStream.h>
    #include <SdVolume.h>
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Freddie

Perhaps whatever you installed in /Users/freddie/Documents/Arduino/libraries/arduino ?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulStoffregen View Post
    Perhaps whatever you installed in /Users/freddie/Documents/Arduino/libraries/arduino ?
    Paul:
    Thanks, that was what was responsible for all the errors.
    I have no idea were that folder came from, very strange!

Thanks again,
    Freddie