Request a System Flow Diagram for connecting WS2811 RGB LED strip with Teensy 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yogin

Hello,

I have started my project for building LED Curtain Video Disply using Teensy 3.1.

I am new for using Tensy 3.1 USB board. My objective for building LED curtain for displaying Video from PC/laptop.

I have WS 2811 RGB LED strip and 5V Power supply for LED.
Please help me to connect with board for displaying video on LED strip.

Thank You.

Yogin

Actually i want to connect WS 2811 with Teensy 3.1 using OctoWS2811 adaptor.

I got unclear regarding the connection between the WS2811 with Octo WS2811 adaptor and also both of it to connect with Teensy 3.1.

Please provide me the link or thread for complete basic connection process for connection OctoWS2811 adaptor with Tensy 3.1.

The link that user aikx posted above contains everything that you need to connect the Teensy 3.1 to the OCTOWS adapter and the OctoWS adapter to the LED strips.

If that's not clear then please specify where your particular problems are. Otherwise, use the search function of the forum to locate particular threads that may be of interest to you. This thread outlines on how to use googles functionality to locate threads on this forum and works better that the actual forum search function.

Please provide me the link or thread for complete basic connection process for connection OctoWS2811 adaptor with Tensy 3.1.

First, before I answer your specific questions, I must point out the DIY (do it yourself) nature of these hobbyist electronic projects. These are NOT ordinary consumer products, or even a kit meant to be assembled in only 1 way. They are electronic components meant to be used to build your own project. While I can answer questions, nobody can guide you through every precise steps or exact actions needed to complete such a project. You must be willing to take some initiative and responsibility for your project.

You're asking for details that are clearly explained, with detailed photos, on the website. Before you purchase anything from PJRC or any other company, you should really consider whether you are willing to undertake this sort of DIY project.

I got unclear regarding the connection between the WS2811 with Octo WS2811 adaptor

Use CAT6 (ethernet) cable. Cut the cable in half and connect each pair of wires to a LED strip, like this:

octo28_adaptor_6.jpg

and also both of it to connect with Teensy 3.1.

Solder the Teensy 3.1 on top of the Octo28, using either these pins, or pins and sockets (sockets will let you plug the 2 boards if you want to reuse the Teensy for another project). Like this:

octo28_adaptor_2.jpg

I got my Teensy 3.1 and i have WS2811 LED strip. I don't have Octows2811 adaptor right now.
I am little worried about the basic connection of Teensy 3.1 with power supply that i have 5 V and 60 Amp.

Please help me to sort out the issue for basic connection of teensy 3.1 with LED strip WS2811.

now i was able to connect teensy via teensy computer progranm and was able to upload blink.hex file successfully, but then as i tried to connect it with arduino and was trying to upload ws2811 program i came across some problems and then i came to know that my computer detects teensy3.1 as usb device and not as a serial device! so i was unable to connect it to arduino. can anyone recommend some fix for this problem. is there a problem with my board?

Did you read this sticky post on what details to include when asking questions ?

So here are a few more questions:

What Arduino Version are you using ?
What Teesnyduino Version are you using ?
What computer and OS are you using ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back