Has anyone tried running the GSL16880 capacitive touchscreen controller with Teensy3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just send a pull request for the modifications I did, but there's still room for some cleanup :)
I will also look into creating a library for it.

Hi All,
Got the capacitive screen up and running with my teensy3.1 thanks to this topic and am now trying to figure out how to turn the panels output into gestures. Does anyone know of a good gesture type library or algorithm?

Just starting with the basics: tap, double tap, swipe down/up, swipe left/right.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi all,
I've also got this running with at Teensy 3.2 and am repackaging the code into a library.

First wanted to check an make sure I wasn't duplicating any effort before I continue.

Second, I wonder if anyone else using this BuyDisplay module has had problems where after touching for a while (10 seconds or so), the touch gets lost until you lift your finger and touch again. I'm trying to use the panel as a mouse/touchpad replacement and this is problematic. I suspect that the panel is recalibrating, but without more documentation it's hard to tell.

Thanks in advance,

Dean

Hello,
I was using the wolfmanjm source code for a project but I fall in love with the GSL1680 controller. So, I’m making a library for it. It's actually working but I have to make a little bit of optimization.
I will try to contact wolfmanjm to ask him if I can release my lib which is inspired by his code.
Stay tuned

Hello,
I was using the wolfmanjm source code for a project but I fall in love with the GSL1680 controller. So, I’m making a library for it. It's actually working but I have to make a little bit of optimization.
I will try to contact wolfmanjm to ask him if I can release my lib which is inspired by his code.
Stay tuned

That'd be great!

Hi,
I made an update for use with small flash chip. It should work cause it's the same firware loader than the wolfmanjm source code
I can't try it, I'm waiting for your feedback

Ra8875, spi mode, buy-display.com (5" 480x800.). Great screen.

I also suggest the adafruit ra8875 options. Pricier but great supplier and much faster. I heavily used their code for running my screen. Which is meh BC I didn't buy their screen, but in the end it didn't really fit for my needs for this specific project. But in the end I am happy with anything I get from adafruit. Hope that was clear enough, replying from phone and gtg.

Do you have a part number for that display? Did you get a font rom with yours?

Ordered one just now. Cheap shipping option may take over a month. Will be grabbing your code soon. Thanks !

Last edited:
Realy good screen
Can you verify the cable from the cap touch chip is tiny and the connector is only about 1/3" wide ? Seems too small to be true. I need to lay out an adapter to .1" for connecting to a breadboard.

Yes it's true... Personally I use a little PCB to convert the size of the pins : http://m.ebay.fr/itm/282220020762?_mwBanner=1
Just apply some glue when pin are touching the metal part of the pcb

I made my own and added a 1x6 header for breadboard use. 3 for $1.95 is cheap. purple3.png
The two missing traces on P3 are actually on the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back