Teensyduino 1.20 Release Candidate #2 Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul: How will (if at all) the spi transaction stuff affect USB host shield library?
For anything I have released already includes a mutex, and also implements reentrant locks for malloc().
Also transactions are a bulk operation for this library, not byte-at-a-time.
This was questioned before as to why, and the simple answer to that is we send a buffer of data in one shot instead, because it involves less call overhead.
Let me know if there is anything I need to be on the lookout for as far as staying compatible with your changes.
Note also that you are welcome to incorporate heap the locks from my library too, which is here: https://github.com/xxxajk/xmem2
There is no task switching for the teensy 3.x yet, but that may change soon.
The largest need was for an ISR safe malloc for newlib, which my library provides. This enhancement allows the USB Host Shield code to run as a periodic timer event, and service the MAX chip without having to worry about heap corruption, or worry about service of usb within the loop() method.

Any timeline on when Teensyduino 1.20 will be officially released? I hate to load 1.20rc2 if the official release is not far off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back