Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24

Thread: Highly optimized ILI9341 (320x240 TFT color display) library

Quote Originally Posted by mjs513 View Post
    @KurtE and @Projectitis

I incorporated the changes into my copy of the ILI9341_t3 library and the fonts do look nice - but as you said does take a bit longer but the quality is nicer especially for the larger fonts. I did test with the scrolltest.ino sketch but the fonts didn't seem to work as well but I don't have time to debug right now maybe later. But it does work.
    It is now pulled in to the ili9341_t3n library

Thanks
    Kurt

Hi @mjs513 - I've got family here for a few days, but after that I'll take a look I have a fix for the speed that will make it actually faster than the standard non ant-aliased font rendering, and I'll also debug the scrolling. I realised that I haven't published the script to create anti-aliased fonts either, so I'll do that too!

@KurtE - fantastic, thank you In my libraries I typedef ILI9341_t3_font_t as packedbdf_t so that it isn't named after a display. What do you think of this strategy going forward?

Scripts and instructions to create packed BDF anti-aliased fonts here:
    https://github.com/projectitis/packedbdf

Full description of packedbdf_t data type also in the repo. Many thanks to Paul, spook and others for their initial work on all this material!
    note: packedbdf_t and ILI9341_t3_font_t are the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by mjs513 View Post
    I incorporated the changes into my copy of the ILI9341_t3 library and the fonts do look nice - but as you said does take a bit longer but the quality is nicer especially for the larger fonts. I did test with the scrolltest.ino sketch but the fonts didn't seem to work as well but I don't have time to debug right now maybe later. But it does work.
    @mjs513 I have updated my branch of Paul's ILI9341_t3 library with more efficient anti-alias rendering. Its about 25% faster than the standard non-anti-aliased rendering!
    Normal rendering: 14971
    Anti-aliased rendering: 11551

I'll take a look at what's happening with scrolltest now (on KurtE's t3n version).

EDIT: Have made a new example in my version of _t3n. I just had to change the call to setTextColor to also specify the background color.

It still looks slightly wrong when the text is printed on the green bar at the bottom of the white box - the text that extends into the white box still has a green background color behind it. Since I'm not entirely sure what your intention is with scrolltest, I'll leave it at that for now and let you look into it if it's a problem?
    Last edited by Projectitis; 04-24-2019 at 05:30 AM.

Aaaand have improved the original font rendering speed (1bpp, non anti-aliased fonts) of ILI9341_t3:
    original 1bpp fonts 14971
    improved 1bpp fonts 11360 (~25% faster)
    (Compare to new anti-alias fonts 11551)

Find updates here: https://github.com/projectitis/ILI93...ti-alias-fonts

Sounds like some good work