Wireless access of SD card data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaaarrrrggg!!!!

I've just found a major issue with my board. Which was not on my prototype. I wanted to put a pad down so I could get access to the AREF, to route it I've managed to put a via that is touching the 3.3v. I have now broken the ADC well certainly on these four panels I've had made up. The ADC will have Digital noise on it.

How very VERY annoying.

I haven't had chance to use 1.20RC2 I'm waiting for the full release to come out as I have to port it for the Foofy Mini, altered PIN layout.

I feel your pain - I think I've wasted close to $100 on prototype PCBs in the last month. Who are you using to make your boards?

The problem with the CC3100/C3200 is that they are not drop in replacements for a CC3000

Sorry for the miscommunication. I didn't mean to imply you should redo your design with the new module; I was replying to headroom's comments about TI fixing the CC3000's mDNS support. My understanding is the current feature set on the CC3000 is frozen now that the new modules are out, so it's unlikely TI will put much more development effort into the CC3000.

So for me to upgrade to the CC3100 I would need to redesign my board and get it FCC certified

Did you go through the FCC certification process with your PCB or did you just follow the TI CC3000 guidelines for using theirs? If you went through the process I would really like to hear about what it's like.

EK701, pcbcart.com. I got stencils made with them as well. But because of my blunder, one of the stencils need to be redone.

potatotron, No miscommunication, I'm not going to redo my design, yet :), and no I didn't go through any FCC, just using thiers. as it's catered for by thier module (with it's shielding etc). It would be nice if TI would actually opensource thier firmware, specially now that they have moved on. Makes it annoying for us small time developer who want to fix issues but don't have the clought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back