Teensy 3.0 as USB to serial (simple RS-232) converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitemonkee

hi all,
i have some altitude logger (for RC gliders), which can be connected to PC via serial port (downloading logs, configuring device, etc...).
i don't have serial port on my laptop, so i would like to use my Teensy 3.0 as USB to serial converter.

i have it confirmed (from altitude logger manufacturer) that it can communicate with the device via "simple" RS-232 (no negative voltage levels needed):
0 = +3V
1 = 0V

so i don't need some additional device like max232, i need only signal inversion. i don't wanna use additional hardware (transistors) for that i would like to do it on software side.

please give me some tips how to accomplis this, my only goal is to see new COM port in Windows (Teensy, 38400 8N1) and connect altitude logger to Teensy via four wires (Gnd,Vcc,Tx,Rx).

thanks a lot!

If it were me, I would try hooking it up to the Teensy 3.1 to the pins associated to one of the UARTS. I would then try to configure the UART to see if I could make it work. In particular, I would look at: the RXINV flag on UART_S2 field and TXINV field on UART_S3.

Kurt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back