240x320 LCD Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

craiglindley

Paul

I just noticed the discussion of your highly optimized display driver for the Adafruit 2.8" LCD/Touch screen display. I just checked your store and your price for the display is $8. Is this the exact same display as Adafruits that they charge $39 for?

If so I think I will be buying a couple.

From other threads, I know that the $8 display is compatible with the adafruit display for output. However it requires a few more wires to be hooked up.

If my memory is correct, reset does not have built-in PU resistor like Adafruit so you have to hook up, and you need to hook up the back lit led through a resistor.

Also I do not believe that this one has a touch screen interface as part of it, nor a micro SD card reader. Again could be wrong on that part...

It's definitely not the same as Adafruit's $39 touch display.

The size is somewhat smaller, approx 2 inches. There's no touch screen, only the display.

Kurt is correct, it lacks the pullup resistor and backlight circuitry, so you must connect RST to 3.3V and a resistor to the backlight pin (and if you want to control the backlight by a PWM pin, you'd need a transistor... which is a feature built into Adafruit's high-end board).

It also lacks 5-to-3 volt buffers, which is not an issue for use with Teensy 3.1, but if you wanted to use it with Teensy 2.0 or regular 5V Arduino, you'd need buffers which are built into Adafruit's products. I tried one with Arduino Uno. Even though it has a regulator that lets it be powered from 5V, it did not work with 5V signals. Adding a 74LCX125 buffer made it work.

It's a really great little display, even without all those nice little extra features, but it shouldn't be confused with Adafruit's product that has touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back