Apple-Ignorant

Status
Not open for further replies.

branhamr

I have built a Teensy 3.1 device, developed on the Windows IDE. I am ready to deliver it to my customer, who speaks only Apple. Unfortunately, I know virtually nothing about The World Of Apple.

We have what appears to be a working Arduino IDE installation with Teensyduino on the Apple, but so far have been unable to connect to the Teensy device. Compiling works but I can't upload to the device. The IDE says to press the reset button on the Teensy to upload. Nothing happens. I get the same message whether the Teensy is plugged in or not.

I know I am getting power to the device through the USB - the battery charger works fine. I just can't determine if the data lines are doing anything.

When I plug the Teensy into the USB on my Windows box, it makes a "bingley-bingley-beep" sound and shows up in device manager as a serial port. Would someone please tell me how I can confirm a connection on an Apple.

Does the Teensyloader application open ?
Screen Shot 2014-09-01 at 12.35.08 PM.png

If so perhaps turn on verbose info:
Screen Shot 2014-09-01 at 12.38.14 PM.png

In the Arduino IDE the Teensys show up as a TTY port:
Screen Shot 2014-09-01 at 12.39.24 PM.png

Thanks very much. I was looking for an Apple equivalent for Windows Device Manager. I never even thought to look at the Serial Port inside the IDE. We'll try again, but this will definitely eliminate one big question.

The apple equivalent would likely be System Information - it lives inside Applications/Utilities. I use it often when I'm rewriting USB code and testing custom Teensy 3.1-based PCBs.

Try "hovering" over your launcher bar in the bottom corner while it tries to connect.
I have the same issue and hovering multiple times over the bar helps. Probably some RPC issue.

I've had trouble on the Mac when the IDE is installed with one account, but try to use it with another; I think it comes from permissions on some of the files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back