teensy 3 wiimote or wii remote blob data to serial stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben10teensy

Okay so I saw online johnny chung lee do some pretty amazing things with the wiimote.
My bases for this next project is to use the wiimote through the teensy to get blob position data into the computer as serial data.
I would like to isolate areas of the face so that each camera only sees the 4 blobs in its view.
In my idea i would use three of these wiimote cameras to be able to get all the data.
For instance one camera would see the forehead only . On one eye brow i would have 2 small reflective pieces of tape.
Next to the camera would be infrared light.
By isolating the view, i could have one camera for the forehead. And 2 covering both sides of the mouth.
This allows for up to 8 points on the mouth cheek area.

I would like to have all three cameras
Connected to one teensy. And have the data streams from each camera collected and converted to midi channels for use in the 3D software.

Okay so in my designing of the project i made a 3d animation for anyone who wants to visualize it better

[video]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-fqtYHx6AykUlBzeHJaS0hmVm8/edit?usp=sharing[/video]

I admint only having looked a the "johnny chung lee" web site, which you did not post, briefly and skanned over the text. He connects the Wiimote to a PC using bluetooth. I am not sure I understand what you want the Teensy to do ?

How would you want to "to isolate areas of the face so that each camera only sees the 4 blobs in its view" ?
The wiimote camera can only track up to 4 "blobs", but it sees what it sees. How would you tell any specific single camera "don't look at this point, but at that point " ?

Thanks for the reply. From the research I've seen the blobs read are the 4 brightest.
Also if needed using its 45deg field of view, using the cameras own fov to cut off other sectors and if needed blocking with barn doors like you would with spot lighting can also be fine. I know it's not going to look pretty but im sure it would work.

The teensy will be used to collect all the data through i2c and organize it then send it to the pc, hopefully it will be able to do all that with a wireless connection (blutooth or xbee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back