Teensy 2.0 burn bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachtos

I am working on a project where we would develop on teensy 2.0 and create custom PCBs when we get farther along. Can you just 'burn bootloader' in teensyduino over USB using the burn bootloader option?

I plan to buy bootloader chips for teensy 3.1 for the same reason, but need a solution for our smaller products that do not need all the horsepower... otherwise it's back to the arduino chips for the smaller chips. Wanted to use standard teensy boot loader for all customer firmware updates though. Preferably pay for a GUI w/ our logo and teensy logo or something on the bottom.

So it appears that if want to make a product using Teensy2 or Teensy3.1, I need to buy a chip for each one. We hope to produce tens of thousands of these per year, so we would be looking for volume pricing. Any idea what the volume breaks are for each chip?

I hope to get the full product production costs back from our contractor this week and am afraid the entire project could be shut down from $16 in chip costs (I use one of each for said device). We need a simple way for users to perform updates and I don't think there is a simpler method than the teensy loader. If this doesn't work out, I'm stuck w/ our foreign contractors who are very slow with ARM development vs. me doing this on Arduino/Teensy IDE.

teensy2 chip
teensy3.1 chip

Also, if I buy mini54 chips, which package/case is the most widely available and cheapest overall for both of use? I prefer the larger leaded packages if possible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back