how to create a timealarm for a specific date and time ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

den

Hi all
Thanks for some awesome and amazing libraries and examples.

I just cant find an example for what I am trying to do:

I am really battling to create a timealarm for a specific date and time for example 8.23 PM on the 20/09/2014.
it would be a bonus if this could be entered into a putty session too.

It seems it's the one example missing from timelarms examples.

Please could someone provide an example (hopefully simple and clear) of this (either one or both)? I just need something to get me started.

Thanks a million

Den

I don't see anything in the TimeAlarms library that refers to month or year. It looks like it's more like a 7-day alarm rather than a general scheduler.

From the code:

Code:
	uint8_t alarmType              :4 ;  // enumeration of daily/weekly (in future: biweekly/semimonthly/monthly/annual)
	                                     // note that the current API only supports daily or weekly alarm periods

Time/date arithmetic is very tedious. I looked at ArduinoPlayground and didn't immediately find a library that does what you want, sorry.

I don't see anything in the TimeAlarms library that refers to month or year. It looks like it's more like a 7-day alarm rather than a general scheduler.

From the code:

Code:
	uint8_t alarmType              :4 ;  // enumeration of daily/weekly (in future: biweekly/semimonthly/monthly/annual)
	                                     // note that the current API only supports daily or weekly alarm periods

Time/date arithmetic is very tedious. I looked at ArduinoPlayground and didn't immediately find a library that does what you want, sorry.

@drg

Thanks so much for the reply , yes it seems so difficult to find this once-off 'in-future' example.
I'm sure it is possible to do this with the timealarms library hot HOW ? :-(
If anyone could help I would really appreciate it.

Kind regards
Den

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back