ESP8266 Wifi chip for $7 $USD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot Frank!
Do you know if there is a regulator available with double outputs 3.3V and 5V?I am planning to use a 2 cells Lipo battery to power up the Teensy and I am planning to power it with 5V. it could be great to have only one stepdown and have double output so with one I power the Teensy and the other output the wifi module

Thanks Frank!
Do you know if there is a regulator that can give two outputs one at 5V and the other at 3.3V? I am planning to use a 2 cells Lipo battery to power the Teensy at 5V and the wifi module at 3.3V giving as input 7.4 V to the regulator

Great news ...
Take your Teensy 3x (Arduino compatible) and hook it up to the ESP8266
Using Blynk - Drag and drop an icon in the Blynk app on a mobile device(IOS/Android)
Download Library and upload the sketch and you are finished!

The author is planning to use the inexpensive ESP8266 - yea!;)
No coding required!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/167134865/blynk-build-an-app-for-your-arduino-project-in-5-m

Addition: With the upcoming Teensy 3x M0 stamp, a user could have a very low power IoT (internet of things) device when connected
to the ESP8266 and just maybe the total cost could be around $15 $USD:cool:

Last edited:
At $18,000 (which is now) the stretch goals include a rule based "Eventor" in the Blynk app and also a "Bridge" to send messages from one device to another. Can't wait for April /2015:cool:

13 days to go and $26,000 is needed ($3700 more) for the ESP8266 to become a stretch goal in the June time frame.
I hope they can make it in 13 days for the ESP8266 otherwise all the other Teensies would just work with the standard
Ethernet and WiFi shields:(

They made their stretch goal of $26,000 and the ESP8266 code will/could be working in Blynk by June 2015.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back