New Teensyduino won't install on Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

deelaleo

So, I had the brilliant idea to download the latest Arduino app, and then latest Teensyduino.

Instead of save a backup, I just did an overwrite; like I always do; but this time I was royally burned :)

Basically, neither version that is on the Arduino site of the app, is recognized by Teensyduino. The next button stay grey, independently from the version that I try (tried the 1.5.7 beta and the regular one, freshly downloaded 20 minutes ago).

Now; this makes no sense to me; since last time I installed it without problems (altho it was 2 OS ago, since I was running Lion I believe, or even Snow Leopard), but now I can't anymore, and this means that I can't upload code on the board :(

Tried also on my Air and the result is the same.

Why is this happening? Any way to work around this and get access again on the Teensy? Thanks

Correct Paul,

downloaded again, and tried with the beta Arduino; no luck whatsoever.

But this one works with the 1.0.5.

I had as latest Teensyduino, the 1.19; while this one (1.20-rc5) works. Thanks a lot!!!

See the instructions at:

https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_download.html

and the discussion at:

http://forum.pjrc.com/threads/24855-Anyone-have-comment-on-ARDUINO-1-5-5-r2-BETA-2014-01-10

1.5.x isn't supported by Teensyduino. We've heard from Paul that the beta versions have been far too much of a moving target, with the internals repeatedly getting major overhauls that undo all of the work he does to prepare Teensyduino for each version, so until 1.5.x settles in and gets nearer to release-candidate code, he won't be supporting Teensyduino on 1.5.x.

That doesn't mean that Paul isn't interested in 1.5.x or advancement of Arduino... he continues to contribute lots of code to the Arduino project, including improvements for 1.5.x.

But for the time being, Teensyduino is an Arduino 1.0.x-only package, and won't work with 1.5.x until something major happens with the Arduino folks (which it will, just not this week, and probably not this month).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back