Open source wearable LED display

Status
Not open for further replies.

meuled

Hi Everyone, we're launching an open source wearable LED display that will use the Teensy bootloader and WS2812B LEDs (Neopixels). Would love to hear your feedback on this project. We're currently on Indiegogo right now so please check us out and let us know if you have any questions: igg.me/at/meuleds

Wow! Congrats guys on pushing this far, presentation looks great! Out of curiosity, how did you arrive at Indiegogo? Comparing Kickstarter to IGG has been on my todo list, but from a product perspective, my survey of lighting projects on the two was surprising!

Wow! Congrats guys on pushing this far, presentation looks great! Out of curiosity, how did you arrive at Indiegogo? Comparing Kickstarter to IGG has been on my todo list, but from a product perspective, my survey of lighting projects on the two was surprising!

Hi mcivan, thank you! We decided on indiegogo because of a partnership agreement with our University incubator program (OCAD University) and Indiegogo. They have a partnership page which we're featured on. Also, Indiegogo has a dedicated team here in Toronto that has been helping us with strategy. We haven't looked into Kickstarter all that much so unfortunately can't comment on what they have to offer.

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any other questions!

Ah! Yeah local support would be a powerful motivator for myself as well! Thanks for your response, goodluck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back