OSH Park board for RFM69 and T3 - is there a 2nd version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevech

OSH Park board for RFM69 and T3 - is there a 2nd version? If so, where to read about or see schematic and find it on OSH Park's site.

I recall a mention of that here.

That would be great. Martin, my collaborator on this project, just received some T3s and the original OSH Park RFM69 boards. He's sending me some of them. I have but 3 RFM69 boards for T3; Ten on AVRs are now running tests with a large app. I wrote.

We have about 50 RFM69s with AVRs on hand for this pre-prototype proof of concept work. For now, these are AVR managed, along with the overall app, and use RadioHead, and talk to a gateway that goes to a PC/Mac/LInux app I've done (bit Python GUI). The gateway interface to PC/Mac/LInux is 250Kbps as of now, on a UART; using RadioHead for this link too.

When this works, we decide between ARM/T3 or other ARM, or or an ADC-rich SoC with an inbuilt ARM, or a mega1284 or other options - for production.

I'm doing over the air reprogramming - OTAR - (125Kbps) now, of all boards/radios in a group with one mouse click. Works well. Except T3 cannot yet do this.

Looking at uTasker's bootloader for doing this with any small ARM we can find, likely T3 or T3+ or TeensyWeenie (can we discuss the latter under NDA, e.g., mini54 remains?)
OTAR is essential at this scale (50 x n) and considering how impractical it is to physically access the battery powered devices. Plugging in a USB cable to each to reprogram is impractical to say the least.

Using all 8 or 16 ADC channels but need PGA (amps) and differential inputs.

All the C/C++ code compiles/runs on the AVR and on T3. I run some of it with T3 as the RF packet sniffer as the AVR cannot cope with the packet rates, and RAM is sparse on the AVRs.

More than you wanted to know. Sorry.

Last edited:
we ordered 40+ of the new RFM69 to Teensy 3 adapter boards.

I've been running very heavy traffic on the RFM69HWs. 150 packets/sec (60 byte packets) at radio bit rate=125Kbps. Not using SPI Transactions as there is not now competition for the SPI port in my app.

No interrupt hangs or such. But I'm not yet doing other SPI port usage. Will probably wind up using eternal high-spec ADC chips that use SPI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back