Serbian Keyboard Layout

meetec

Is there any way to add Serbian keyboard layout for Teensy 3.1. I will help but don't know where to start.
We have Latin Layout and Cyrillic Layout can we do first Latin. Tnx

Serbian-Latin1.jpgSerbian-Latin2.jpg

Please allow me to answer your question with another question...

How do you switch to Latin vs Cyrillic characters? Does this method require viewing the screen or knowing which mode the computer is already using?

For example, with Russian keyboards, the same hot key switches between layouts. The problem is Teensy can not see the screen, and it does not know which layout your computer is currently using. When there is no unique way to switch to each layout, Teensy can not reliably send strings with a mix of the 2 character sets.

How do you switch to Latin vs Cyrillic characters?

We must install it like two languages. In windows standard switch Alt+Shift.
I always have installed three keyboard English + Serbian Latin + Serbian Cyrillic.

But if there is way to detect what layout is on, that will be great.

Is this info correct, regarding the latin layout?

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/msdn/goglobal/keyboards/kbdycl.html

When AltGr is clicked, 10 special "dead keys" are highlighed on the top row. Do Serbian keyboards really use all 10 of these (plus the 1 when not pressing AltGr) for special dead-key sequences?

Those 10 keys we do not use nor that one dead-key. There is more On AltGr +L and AltGr + K we don't use as well

Ok, I made a first attempt.

First, download the new keylayout.h file, and put it into hardware/teensy/cores/teensy3

https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/cores/blob/master/teensy3/keylayouts.h

Then edit hardware/teensy/boards.txt. Add these 2 lines:

Code:
teensy31.menu.keys.rs-rs.name=Serbian (Latin Only)
teensy31.menu.keys.rs-rs.build.define1=-DLAYOUT_SERBIAN_LATIN_ONLY

Please let me know if this works? Usually I get close, but a few keys often need to be fixed. I have no way to test there here, so I'm depending on you to help test it.

We must install it like two languages. In windows standard switch Alt+Shift.
I always have installed three keyboard English + Serbian Latin + Serbian Cyrillic.

Sadly, this is the same problem as Russian Cyrillic. Teensy can't see your screen. It can not know the computer's setting. Teensy can only use a single layout.

Thanks Paul ... that was fast!
I think everything is in its place.
This is output of the test i made.

Teensy Serbian Keyboard Layout Test
Lowercase: a, b, c, č, ć, d, dž, đ, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l, lj, m, n, nj, o, p, r, s, š, t, u, v, z, ž
Uppercase: A, B, C, Č, Ć, D, DŽ, Đ, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, LJ, M, N, NJ, O, P, R, S, Š, T, U, V, Z, Ž
Numbers: 0123456789
Symbols1: !"#$%&'()*+,-./
Symbols2: :;<=>?[\]^_`{|}~

Back