Out of RAM when I shouldn't be on custom Teensy 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

usedtobe

I made a custom Teensy 3.1 compatible board. It works great, but I'm finding that the compiler barks at me to say RAM is overflowing on sketches that certainly worked on the official dev board. I just realized that I may have used an earlier version of the MINI54, ordered before the 3.1 was available. Could this be the issue here? my MINI54 thinks I'm using the MK20DX128 instead of the MK20DX256? And if so, can I fool it in software without swapping out the chip?

Cheers n thanks

The Mini54 / MK20DX[128|256] don't come in to play until after the compiler. If you're getting a compiler error then there's something wrong with your settings. Are you sure you're using Arduino 1.0.[5|6] and Teensyduino 1.20, that you've specified Teensy 3.1 as the target board, etc.? If so please post your code and the actual error message.

well hot dang. I had the code and a big message written out, but decided last minute to check how much data my classes were using up and found that it was twice as much as I had thought. With that in mind, the math adds up, and I'm using too much.

thanks anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back