Ws2812c

Status
Not open for further replies.

potatotron

I received this interesting email from the makers of the popular WS2812 & WS2812B LED pixels. I don't find any more information searching on "WS2812C" so I'm unclear if they mean lower current per channel, lower current for the IC, etc. I've emailed back asking for more information and will pass along what I get.

Hello!

Haven’t heard from you for quite a few days,i do hope all things go well with you!

This is Spring from Worldsemi,do you remember us?As you know,our famous products are WS2801,WS2811,WS2821 IC chip and WS2812S,WS2812B LED.

Now we would like to publish a new LED--similar to WS2812B,with lower current(12mA).

Main Features
1).WS2812C LED is similar to WS2812B LED,the only difference is lower current,we have changed the current from 18.5mA to 12mA.
2).With lower current,the brightness can reduce around 30%,so the power consumption also reduce 30%.

Main Benefits
Lower Current requirement----12mA.

Main Applications
1).LED Strip&LED Screen with high density while low requirement for brightness,high requirement for heat consumption and steady such as 144pcs WS2812B LEDs per meter,display screen;
2).Portable products such as led clothes,Ballet Skirts,etc.Which can extend battery life by a large margin
3).With LED decorative lighting, Indoor/outdoor LED video irregular screen.

Should you have any interest on our products,please contact me!

By the way,WS2812C LED’s specification is attached for your reference,should there be any interest or query,please feel free to let me know!

This is interesting, for people like me that don't need the blinding brightness of a WS2812B LED.

Can you post the WS2812C specification that was attached to the email?

I agree. I have a project I'm working on that's 18x16 WS2812Bs tightly packed and I can't run them at over 25% without it being too bright.

Unfortunately there was no actual attachment or additional specs in the email. I wrote them back asking for more info and if I get anything I will be sure to pass it along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back