Teensyduino 1.21 Test #2 Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Paul, do you have a deadline if I want to submit the SmartMatrix Library to be included in Teensyduino 1.21? Do you know if you're going to update FastLED to version 3.x for Teensyduino 1.21?

It seems the Mouse.move(x,y) has reversed directions. To achieve the same directions as 1.20 I had to replace it with Mouse.move(-x,-y).

Not a big concern for me, but you never know...

Question on the toolchain setup. I'm trying to update my Eclipse setup to Arduino 1.0.6 and Teensyduino 1.21. The toolchain directory is different, but moreover things like make.exe are gone. I'm at a loss on where to point things. Looking in the makefile at: arduino\hardware\teensy\cores\teensy3\Makefile, it appears to be wrong. The COMPILERPATH is incorrect.

Do I need to install this separately as described here? : http://gnuarmeclipse.livius.net/blog/build-tools-windows/

Is there an existing thread on this topic?

Do I need to install this separately as described here? : http://gnuarmeclipse.livius.net/blog/build-tools-windows/

A followup, downloading the build tools from http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuarmeclipse/files/Miscellaneous/ (as provided by above link), and installing the .exe and .dll files provided to: arduino\hardware\tools\arm\bin has restored functionality to my Eclipse build process.

I'm curious if the make.exe functionality is provided via some other mechanism in the 4.8.4 build process? Or is this an oversight? make.exe was in my previous Teensyduino 1.19 install.

The #define FASTRUN needs (at minimum) an additional attribute "noinline". maybe more, i'm investigating this..

Paul, i would suggest
#define FASTRUN __attribute__ ((section(".fastrun"), noinline, noclone ))

Last edited:
Paul, i would suggest
Just to be safe, you want two leading underscores before/after each word just in case somebody decides to #define noinline, etc.:

Code:
#define FASTRUN  __attribute__ ((__section__(".fastrun"), __noinline__, __noclone__))

Paul, i would suggest
Just to be safe, you want two leading underscores before/after each word that is not within quotes just in case somebody decides to do some like #define noinline, etc.:

Code:
#define FASTRUN  __attribute__ ((__section__(".fastrun"), __noinline__, __noclone__))

Don't know if it were mentioned before, two warnings when using SD:
Code:
C:\Arduino\libraries\SD\utility\Sd2Card.cpp: In member function 'uint8_t Sd2Card::readData(uint32_t, uint16_t, uint16_t, uint8_t*)':
C:\Arduino\libraries\SD\utility\Sd2Card.cpp:478:12: warning: unused variable 'n' [-Wunused-variable]
   uint16_t n;
            ^
C:\Arduino\libraries\SD\utility\Sd2Card.cpp: At global scope:
C:\Arduino\libraries\SD\utility\Sd2Card.cpp:145:13: warning: 'void spiSend(const uint8_t*, size_t)' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
 static void spiSend(const uint8_t* output, size_t len) {
             ^

Still with malloc_trim():
Code:
c:/arduino/hardware/tools/arm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.4/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/armv7e-m\libc_s.a(lib_a-mtrim.o): In function `malloc_trim':
mtrim.c:(.text.malloc_trim+0x6): undefined reference to `_malloc_trim_r'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Can you please add it ?
For the codecs, i want to check the free space (they need much ram) before playing, and this works better with trim..

Even better would be a malloc that does not crash if no memory is available (if possible(???))
EDIT: just tested again, sorry, it does not crash.. (funny, i remember that it did some time ago...)

Last edited:
Maybe you could set in "control_sglt5000 " the chip select pins for SD and SPIFlash "high" ... (if not already done there or elsewhere)
I just noticed that - according to the schematic - there are pullups missing...perhaps it causes problems when the flash is soldered and has a floating chipselect...

Last edited:
This is what happens when usage of a standard requires paying USD 2000 per year and the specification lives behind a paywall.

People reply on leaked summaries which may be incomplete, and there is no channel for reporting bugs. Having a pin labelled "unused (or IRQ)" with a mandatory pullup to stop the interrupt being randomly triggered would be one such bug that might be reported.

Last edited:
I'd like to bring up the bonjour/ multicast topic again discussed in the TD1.2 thread.

Paul, you mentioned a fallback solution in this post. Could you provide a more specific pointer where I would find that perhaps in what file so I can start looking at this ?

Experiencing too many compiler bugs with gcc version 4.8.4 20140725
(I write some complex C++ code, apparently!)
Going to see if gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_9-2014q4-20141203 resolves them.

First the good news.
Code that was majorly broken now compiles without complaints.
optimizer bug https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=58545
has been fixed! YAY! Progress!

Now for the bad news...
There is still some strange issue with using a derived child class beyond 2 levels when said code is fully contained in a header file and simply included.
Technically this shouldn't matter, but for some silly reason, it does.
I still need to continue the research on this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back