Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: PTP (IEEE 1588) Library

PTP (IEEE 1588) Library

This thread is really to firstly gauge the interest there might be in a Teensy PTP library, then to possibly document any progress.

PTP aka IEEE1588 allows for much tighter synchronization between systems on the same subnet.

I am tempted to write one and do a proof of concept where it triggers a digitalWriteFast to occur at the same time on 2 networked Teensy's and see how close they come...

The likely platform will be a Teensy 3.1 with a WIZ820IO module, using the interrupt line for consistent timestamping (crucial for PTP).

Yes, please

This thread is now several years old but still a top Google search result on Teensy IEEE1588.
    I want it to reflect at least some level of interest.
    I would use such a library if it existed.
    My use case would be synchronizing output events outdoors (light show, fountains), with input events indoors(music, touch panel, script).

I am interested in this. What is the current status? How does the Teensy 4.0 support IEEE1588? Firmware or ???

Just to confirm my background...I am actively using 801.1AS software on an Analog Devices FIDO5200. I am synchronizing at 20 nSec between 2 development boards.

Whoops. 802.1AS.