Teensy 3.1 'plug-in' PCB questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosford

Hi guys,

I'm currently beginning the process of designing a PCB using the Teensy 3.1 as a 'plug-in' so to speak. I don't require access to the pins underneath, so intend on just soldering headers to the teensy which plug into female headers on the board (saves us soldering the teensy directly to the board).

I have a few questions, however, which I'm hoping someone may be able to help with.

-> I'd like to add a programming button to the outside of the enclosure for easier reprogramming (saving opening the enclosure up). I assume I can just connect a standard push button between the program signal line and ground?
-> (At least in this developmental spin of PCBs) I won't be using analog inputs. Should I tie AGND to GND or leave it floating?

I'll probably have a few more questions to add in following days as I work on this.

Thanks in advance. =)

-> I'd like to add a programming button to the outside of the enclosure for easier reprogramming (saving opening the enclosure up). I assume I can just connect a standard push button between the program signal line and ground?

Yes. As you can see on the schematic, the button merely connect PROG to GND. Just connect your external button between those 2 pins and it will work the same as pressing the button on the board.

-> (At least in this developmental spin of PCBs) I won't be using analog inputs. Should I tie AGND to GND or leave it floating?

If you're not using sensitive analog circuits, usually leaving AGND unconnected is best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back