Note to Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne

Hello Paul,

We are getting close to production on the interface that I made with the Teensy 3.1.

I have no firm idea on qty of the units, but expect a min of a few hundred. Possibly a 100 at first.

This system updates an old OEC/GE 9800 C-arm using 2 16" CRT's to 1 32" LCD/LED with a touchscreen.

The Teensy is used to read the current TS serial. I map the right side of the P-Cap TS only for where the work area image sits. a 10" x 10" area. The old system was IR on the right CRT
that used IR sensors (40 leds that worked out to 85 locations) Little info..

I then converted the code to what the old system used (ELOtouch).
I also need to respond to inquiries from the workstation to say how big the touch detection was and if any errors..
So I'm going from 57600 baud 8n1 to 9600 baud 8n2.

Ok, back to the Teensy qty, all I can say that there are over 3800 units out in the field with CRTs that are no longer available (we bought the rest for service area).

At the RSNA show in Chicago (after Thanksgiving), my company showed our upgrade. There where 4 companies showing an upgrade to the 9800 system.
2 companies had displays on 2 individual 18"/19" LCD but no touch. One was Amptronix and the other was.. Forgot.. But I was told it was like duct taped and painted.
The other was GE/OEC which should work 100 %. They use 2 18" LCD's.
And US. Our works but, the 32" widescreen was the draw. Because it looks cool I guess.

So at the show it was a success. The owner very happy. Very happy. They could of sold 60 units right at the start to one person.. But,

Well, the but is because we are in the medical field. So we have to pass UL and 510K. We do nothing to alter image or produce X-rays. Which is good.

As it looks we will offer the units for sale in or around March. May will possible 1st shipment.

So this is the question. If this holds true, we might be looking at a few hundred per year. And that's conservative.

We will be mounting the Teensy as it is on a PCA that will interface video signals and all.

Just a heads up..

Had to post this this way since can not message you..

Wayne

Great news. Sounds like you've got a great product going.

So this is the question. If this holds true, we might be looking at a few hundred per year. And that's conservative.

There are plenty of Teensy 3.1s. We can almost always ship 300 same day, so no worries on the quantity.

Thanks Paul.. Good to know.

I have just finished the last part of the code. The finger up and down issue.

I no longer need to send a CR after 6 or 12 sends, I can now send it when the finger is up. This touch screen had 2 up's, 1st when touched, and second when untouched. Did not know this until
yesterday when I printed the buffers. Saw the 2nd buffer doing 2 '0'. one at start and the last.. Now it works.. Great!

Now the cleanup of code and notes inserted begins.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back