Coming Soon: Teensy-LC (low cost Teensy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That should be the installer for the serial driver, so if you are setting up a machine to talk to a Teensy in a finished product you don't need the full Arduno+Teensyduino install.

Hey, I finally got my Teensy LC Beta board! I can't wait to test it :) (I'm at work now so no blinky test for now)

I already have a project based on the Pro Trinket that will surely benefit from an hw upgrade to the Teensy LC ;)

I see Adafruit now lists the Teensy-LC: https://www.adafruit.com/product/2419 though they are sold out at the moment.

<edit>
Well Adafruit got some stock later in the day. However, given Adafruit's $2.30 higher price tag and their generally higher shipping costs, if I were just ordering LC's and nothing else, I would go with PJRC, but if I needed one ASAP, I would go with Adafruit, due to the fact I'm in New England and New York is a lot closer than Oregon.

What Adafruit does bring to the table is a wider audience for Teensys.

BTW, the link on Adafruit for the LC points to this thread. The link for the Teensy 3.1 points to the more general page: http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/index.html, which does need to add the LC, now that it has been announced.

Last edited:
hehe, the intel edison is sold at -11% in the same shop.
Das Board wird verramscht. <- sorry don't know how to translate this, perhaps "(clearance) sale" ?

Last edited:
Verramscht = Flogged or sold at a loss.

Awesome re: the Teensy LC. I do have a question re: the bootloader chip, however. Will it go on sale alongside the LC boards?
Or, alternatively, can the current edition of the Minitan54 be used to program an LC as well?

I do have a question re: the bootloader chip, however. Will it go on sale alongside the LC boards?

Yes, we will start selling a pre-programmed chip for making DIY boards based on the Teensy-LC design.

You can expect this in about 2 to 3 months. It requires building up a special test fixture with a ZIF socket. I do have the socket here, but so far no significant work has begun on building that hardware.

I'm currently working on the Arduino library dependency issue, and then I have a long list of "small" issues and documentation updates planned, before I start on that chip programmer hardware.

can the current edition of the Minitan54 be used to program an LC as well?

No. The Mini54 only implements Teensy 3.0 and 3.1.

hehe, the intel edison is sold at -11% in the same shop.

Wow, I'm surprised they're discounting so quickly. I've heard a few bad stories, but also a lot of positive hype. Hard to know if people are really using them....

Maybe Intel's planning a new version and the distributors know to sell off their stock ASAP?

I see Adafruit now lists the Teensy-LC: https://www.adafruit.com/product/2419 though they are sold out at the moment.

<edit>
Well Adafruit got some stock later in the day. However, given Adafruit's $2.30 higher price tag and their generally higher shipping costs, if I were just ordering LC's and nothing else, I would go with PJRC, but if I needed one ASAP, I would go with Adafruit, do to the fact I'm in New England and New York is a lot closer than Oregon.

I see Floris in the Netherlands has LC at €14.50 (compared to €23.50 for 3.1). Meanwhile Snootlab in France doesn't have them yet.

Wow, I'm surprised they're discounting so quickly. I've heard a few bad stories, but also a lot of positive hype. Hard to know if people are really using them....

Maybe Intel's planning a new version and the distributors know to sell off their stock ASAP?
I know that I have mixed feelings about them. Trossen Robotics is using one in a soon to be released robot. Some things nice, some things not so nice. Also working with Intel is not nearly as nice as working with PJRC! Example (https://communities.intel.com/thread/61554) Someone asked about using Arduino 1.6.1 and got the typical Intel answer. You can download the current stuff from (1.5.3 based) xxx, we will post when something else is released... :rolleyes:

Yeah may off-topic but, the guys from Arduino split in half (arduino.cc the known one, and arduino.org the new one). so there are now 2 IDE's again! Paul what are you do?

I was at their monthly meeting last week and they said they had a lot of work, but that it was in their intention to get some. It might just take "some" time ^^

Oh I'm sure they will have them eventually (and their price for 3.1 is lower than Floris). Not a criticism, just saying they don't have them yet.

Yeah may off-topic but, the guys from Arduino split in half (arduino.cc the known one, and arduino.org the new one). so there are now 2 IDE's again! Paul what are you do?

Arduino.cc has Arduino 1.0.6 and Arduino 1.6.1. This new Arduino srl has 1.0.6.2 and 1.5.8.3. Teensyduino 1.21 works with Arduino 1.0.5, 1.0.6, 1.6.0 and 1.6.1. So it already seems clear what Paul is doing.

Hi All

There is a simulation of the Teensy LC here: http://www.utasker.com/kinetis/TEENSY_LC.html

It can be downloaded and executed without any installation (see screen shot at the link) and then by hovering the cursor over the board pins the connection to the processor (pin number, possible pin functions and presently selected function) is show.

I am wondering whether there will be a circuit diagram made available (like the GIF for the Teensy 3.1) since I didn't find anything, but could put this together based on the pin connection defines in the code.

Regards

Mark

I think I am done coming up with the eagle pin connections for the LC and the boot loader chip. I will post those shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back