Coming Soon: Teensy-LC (low cost Teensy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, of course we're going to continue making Teensy 3.1. Teensy-LC doesn't make 3.1 obsolete.

A high-end board will also be coming at some point in the future. Right now, it's unclear if we'll wait for Cortex-M7 chips, or use one of the M4-based K22F chips.

I had planned to make both of these last year, but the audio library took much of 2014's engineering time!

Edit: However, the days of continuing to carry stock for the old Teensy 3.0 board are numbered. 3.1 is a replacement for 3.0. When the current stock runs out, probably near the end of 2015 at the slow rate it's selling, we'll probably discontinue 3.0.

Last edited:
Good news, we're going to have several more early protos, shipping on Monday!

These are green boards, but not exactly the same as the final production ones. They were made by Sunstone (who did them much faster than we can get from OSH Park). They have tin plating, rather than the gold plating that'll be on the final version.

I'd like to invite everyone on the list who hasn't been shipped a board yet to reply with "please send me one of these next batch with tin plating" or "I'd prefer one of the final version with gold plating" (which should start shipping 1 week later).

Edit: here's a photo:

teensylc_tin.jpg
(click for full size)

Last edited:
If you're going to have extra stock in prior to the release date, any chance of buying one of these early ones? I'd like to contribute to the testing process but wasn't on the list.

Yes, of course we're going to continue making Teensy 3.1. Teensy-LC doesn't make 3.1 obsolete.

A high-end board will also be coming at some point in the future. Right now, it's unclear if we'll wait for Cortex-M7 chips, or use one of the M4-based K22F chips.

I had planned to make both of these last year, but the audio library took much of 2014's engineering time!

Edit: However, the days of continuing to carry stock for the old Teensy 3.0 board are numbered. 3.1 is a replacement for 3.0. When the current stock runs out, probably near the end of 2015 at the slow rate it's selling, we'll probably discontinue 3.0.

Can you confirm with a yes or no if the Teensy3.1 platform can or can not be added to the Mbed platforms page so that owners of this board can use the Mbed compiler?
I'm sure many people would like to know.

Also Mbed has the K22F platform available now that can be configured to .hex output if you were to produce a K22F board.

I just received my Teensy-LC and I'm wondering which version of Teensyduino supports it.
Any start tips, Paul

Can you confirm with a yes or no if the Teensy3.1 platform can or can not be added to the Mbed platforms page so that owners of this board can use the Mbed compiler?

I think the better question is why one would want to do that? There are plenty of compilers and IDE's out there for Teensyduino, including EmbeddedXCode, Eclipse, Atmel Studio, Arduino, etc. They all rely in one shape or the other on GCC, if memory serves. EmbeddedXCode also offers to work as a IDE for mbed, though I did not install that option, nor plan to. I have enough trouble programming for one platform! :p

Why don't you buy a Teensy 3 and see? The cost of admission is only $20.

I believe this question is more about asking permission to do something? I'm not entirely sure. I believe I have an email or two about this in my inbox... and many more, pretty much every email from the last month that wasn't an urgent customer issue has been unanswered while I've been working on getting the Teensy-LC product released.

@STAR297 - Did you also email me directly? Or is this unrelated? I'm not entirely clear what's being asked.

Certainly, it's fine to add Teensy support to Mbed's tools (assuming you're associated with Mbed... right?)

> the Spec tells > 3.3V only.

Which specific spec? Perhaps you could say which document, page number, section and specific line you're reading?

My guess is you're looking at Freescale's datasheet, but perhaps not paying careful attention to which pins the spec applies. The VREGIN pin is the VIN power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back