teensy ++ 2 unable to upload

Status
Not open for further replies.

manitou

Senior Member+
I must be having a senior moment. It's been a while since I've run the teensy ++ 2, but I can't even to get the blink program to upload (arduino ide 1.05, bootloader 1.20). IDE says I need to push reset button, but even that does not make the bootloader progress bar appear, though IDE says "Done uploading" -- but no blink. teensy seems to still be running an earlier application because it is printing out to serial monitor (ttyUSB0) every few seconds. Using same USB cable, i sucessfully uploaded/ran program on teensy 2 -- but still unable to upload to teensy ++ 2 ??? :(

USB cable into connector feels a little "loose" -- but as noted, serial output is coming out of ++2

My first guess would be something astray with your install, but the fact you can load another Teensy suggests otherwise.

Unsure from your descpription if you have already done this but compile blink from Arduino for the ++, then go to the Teensy loader and load the hex file, which in my windows install will be in the location the open window defaults to. This bypasses all the arduino interface, and just leaves you with the loader to debug.

Under help you can turn on verbose mode and see what happens when you try to download. I don't have a ++ but my log gets:
13:46:17: remote connection opened
13:46:17: remote cmd: "comment: Teensyduino 1.20 - WINDOWS"
13:46:17: remote cmd: "dir:My user directory here\Temp\build3332282159034786373.tmp\"
13:46:17: remote cmd: "file:Blink.cpp.hex"
13:46:17: File "Blink.cpp.hex". 2672 bytes, 2% used
13:46:17: remote cmd: "status"
13:46:17: status data sent
13:46:17: remote connection closed
13:46:18: remote connection opened
13:46:18: remote cmd: "status"
13:46:18: status data sent
13:46:18: remote cmd: "status"

And then a repeated poll of status and status sent until it times out.

If yours looks different that is at least something!

My best guess is that there is user code on the ++ that is interfering with the bootloader triggering so first stop is to try uploading the hex file with various timings of the reset button.

I assume this is running stand alone on a breadboard so nothing is tampering with power or the like?

:confused: Never mind. Bad senior moment -- too many breadboards with long MCU's -- i was using a gravitech nano, not the teensy ++ 2. all is well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back