Delayed auto reboot of T3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Experimentalist

Hi

I am working on a touch screen project with a T3.1 and a 7" TFT with capacitive touch screen.

The project is currently a rats nest on a breadboard.

Can anyone explain how the auto reboot is triggered because since rebuilding my breadboard I suffer a long delay before auto reboot. It does however reboot in the end. If I understand how it works then I should be able to figure out the issue.

Anyone?

Ex.

Don't worry it looks like the Windows USB enumerator got messed up. Assumed it was my rewire but seems not as a reboot cured it. Note to self, always reboot before posting !

:0)

Even after a reboot, Windows always suffers extra delays during USB enumeration. Many times I've tried investigating. Using a USB protocol analyzer clearly shows it's all on the Windows side, Teensy always responds quickly, but Windows just delays for some reason I don't understand. It's worst with the Keyboard+Mouse+Joystick type, but all of them have extra delay that isn't present on Mac and Linux.

I'm hopeful for the future though. A couple months ago, I tried with the first 2 preview builds of Windows 10. Looks like Microsoft has finally fixed these delays. Unless they regress, it's looking like Windows 10 will finally be the first version of Windows that enumerates USB devices as quickly as Mac and Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back