Teensy 3.1 Communication problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoulderBob

I have been using a Teensy 3.1 for the last four months with the Arduino downloading and testing my programs. Yesterday in the middle of testing a program it stopped communicating with my Arduino. Its COM port was no longer listed in the Arduino’s serial ports. When I checked my computers Device Manager and connected the Teensy to the USB port is showed up under USB devices as USB Composite Device. I tried using the Teensy Loader (Teensy.exe) to download the fast blink HEX file and that worked, the Teensy’s LED now blinks fast, but it still shows up in the Device Manager as a USB Composite Device and the Arduino still does not recognize it.

I have two other Teensy 3.1s, one I used six months ago and a brand new one. The six month old Teensy works fine, shows up on the Device Manager as Teensy USB Serial (Com10) and work fine with the Arduino. The brand new Teensy’s LED blinks, but it too shows up on the Device Manager as a USB Composite Device and the Arduino does not recognize it.

I have tried several USB cables and even tried it on several computers, two still don’t work and one does.
I am running Windows 7.

How can I make my latest Teensy work again with my Arduino?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back