Arduino 1.6.0 - any plans to support it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I 'turned off AUTO' on teensyD B12
I then push Teensy 3.1 button and Teensy HALTS, and it never programs/restarts!

Yes, of course it does. That's how Teensy Loader works.

Auto mode configures Teensy Loader to automatically reprogram and reboot Teensy as soon as it appears in programming mode.

When you turn off auto mode, Teensy Loader lets you do these things manually, or not at all. Pressing the button on Teensy puts it into programming mode. If Teensy Loader isn't in auto mode, or isn't running at all, Teensy will just sit there and wait for Teensy Loader. That's exactly what it's supposed to do.

This stuff is about Teensy and Teensy Loader is documented on these pages:

http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/loader_xp.html

http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/first_use.html

One thing that is just a visual is that the default image in the teensy loader GUI window doesn't look as nice as the old one.

This change, and a re-wording of the message in the Arduino console panel are my attempt to clear up some of the common misunderstanding about the function of the pushbutton. Many people mistakenly believe the button resets Teensy. They don't understand its purpose is to put Teensy into programming mode. I might also improve stuff on the website, but generally my experience has been no amount of documentation on the web pages ever gets read once people form a conceptual misunderstanding.

The image behind the arrow was always meant to be less colorful and somewhat fuzzy, to indicate Teensy isn't detected. It's supposed to be a stark contrast to the clear, colorful image when Teensy is detected in programming mode.

Thanks, I suppose it is POV - which end of the cable are you on when you want to delay auto programming. One end: Have the PC to wait until I push Program, The other end: Have the Teensy to wait after telling it to Program.

So for me - counter-intuitive but I learned something, though your m#226 text is more pointed and clear than either linked page about that. It seems to me pushing the button says 'program now' like when IDE does UPLOAD and it says push button. Still not sure how I got two uploads in that file from queued presses?

That 'delay' is the behavior I expected when in the IDE - but don't get: Turn off Auto. I don't want auto upload (until I swap Teensy's and push the button). But, Upload a sketch and it doesn't wait for button, but rather enables Auto and then uploads without waiting.

Originally Posted by KurtE View Post
Down in the status window I received the message:
WARNING: Spurious .git folder in 'Bridge' library.
Oh, yeah, I saw that too. I'll fix it on the next build. It's a harmless warning, so just ignore it.

What causes this?
I'm seeing this warning for my openGLD which I have cloned into my sketchbook/libraries directory for development.
I have many other libraries that are git cloned into the sketchbook/libraries area which all have .git directories and they are not getting the warning.

I'm using Arduino.cc IDE 1.6.3 and Teensyduino 1.22

--- bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back