Midi controller problem with Ableton

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneN

Hi everyone
I am designing a midi controller for my final year project but I have run into a basic problem already and I am kinda at the end of the road as I cant seem to figure out whats wrong. I cant seem to be able to move any parameters in Ableton using my teensy 3.1 and a potentiometer. Ableton is recognising the teensy as a midi device but it wont map it also the readings are going mad in the serial monitor with random values and I am not even moving the pot.
I cant figure it out it would be so appreciated if anyone could help me as I am under so much pressure to get this done.
Here is the code is there anything I am missing?
Thanks so much

void setup() {

}
void loop() {
usbMIDI.sendControlChange(1, analogRead(0)>>8, 1);
delay(5);

}

usbMIDI.sendControlChange(control, value, channel)
1-ok, you may have wired up your potentiometer wrong. the outer pins should go to +3.3 volt and ground. the inner pin should go to A0, check if you use the proper pin.
2-setup your readresolution, via analogReadResolution(10) - then use analogRead(A0)>>3

Thank you for your response I applied your code and it rectified the random values. The pot is working as the led on the teensy board is now corresponding with the turns. It is still not changing the parameters in ableton though so I am still not sure what else is wrong but thank you again for your help I'll just keep trying!

Last edited:
Maybe try sending note on/off messages and see if you can those to play sounds? Even if triggering notes isn't your goal, it could help you confirm if the MIDI stuff is really working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back