TEENSY 3.1 + 2.8" TFT Touch Shield from ADAFRUIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

lubosko

Hi all, please help me.
I bought '2.8" TFT Touch Shield for Arduino with Resistive Touch Screen' from adafruit.com and want to connect to TEENSY 3.1. Wired follow by scheme (see below). For this I used library 'Adafruit_ILI9341-master' somewhere from github. But display just shine. Can someone help me to check scheme, if all necessery pins are used? and also the library is correctone?
thanks for help

piece of code from graphicstest.ino is:

// For the Adafruit shield, these are the default.
#define TFT_CLK 13
#define TFT_MISO 12
#define TFT_MOSI 11
#define TFT_CS 10
#define TFT_DC 4
#define TFT_RST 3

// Use hardware SPI (on Uno, #13, #12, #11) and the above for CS/DC
//Adafruit_ILI9341 tft = Adafruit_ILI9341(TFT_CS, TFT_DC);
// If using the breakout, change pins as desired
Adafruit_ILI9341 tft = Adafruit_ILI9341(TFT_CS, TFT_DC, TFT_MOSI, TFT_CLK, TFT_RST, TFT_MISO);

void setup() {
Serial.begin(9600);
Serial.println("ILI9341 Test!");

tft.begin();

Attachments

• schema.png
    schema.png
    539.4 KB · Views: 1,719
Pin #8 from the shield is the chip select for the touch screen controller. The Reset signal from the TFT display is connected to the RESET pin from the shield.

dear HWGuy. I moved pins RST, DC to teensy pins 9, 8 and it is working now.
thanks a lot fo your advice.

Last edited:
Anyone out there has miniSD working with Teensy 3.1 ? how to wire 2.8 TFT with Teensy 3.1??

schema.png
Thanks

Last edited:
I think this connector should be used on 2.8"TFT?

Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

• Connector.png
    Connector.png
    143.5 KB · Views: 945
Last edited:
As I mentioned in other threads, I have a Teensy 3.1 carrier board that sets up Arduino headers and yes it works (worked). That is you hook up the display such that you have the standard pins setup.
By default: you setup
Spi clock - 13
MISO - 12
MOSI - 11
CS - 10
DC - 9

You can choose other pins for CS/DC - but if you wish to use the ILI9341_T3 driver they need to be from a fixed set of IO pins that support the SPI CS support on the Teensy.
In Addition if you wish to use the touch screen, then by default pin 8 is used for the chip select for the STMPE610 code on the board.

Likewise if you wish to use the miniSD card, again you need to setup the standard SPI pins (in this case 13, 12, 11) and an appropriate Chip Select pin. On the shield it normally hooks up to Arduino pin 4. Again you can use different pin for this. Obviously with my Arduino breakout it is fixed to 4...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back