Teensy Qt

Here is what I usually use in PIO.

Code:
[TeensyBase]
platform = teensy
upload_command = C:\toolchain\TyTools\tyCommanderC upload $SOURCE --autostart --wait --multi

[env:T4.0]
extends =TeensyBase
board = Teensy40

[env:T3.2]
extends = TeensyBase
board = Teensy31

@defragster trying to get this to work on an RPI4. A little fuzzy on what actually goes in the { }. You have a {cmd.path}, {build.path} and a {build.project_name}.
In the IDE1, one needed to open tycommander and click Tools > Integrate to Arduino. Do I need to do that for IDE2? If so, where is the Arduino path? /temp/Arduino ? When I select anything in /temp it says it is not a valid Arduino directory.

I created a file local.platform.txt in /home/bruce/.arduino15/packages/teensy/hardware/avr/0.58.3 (Soon to be updated, but one step at a time...) Contents of file right now are:
Code:
tools.teensyloader.cmd.path=/home/bruce/Apps/tytools-0.9.7/build/linux/tycommander
tools.teensyloader.upload.pattern="{cmd.path}" upload --autostart --wait --delegate "{build.path}/{build.project_name}.hex"
Is it that I need to update tycommander? A bit lost here...

'Integrate' works for IDE 1, not the same for IDE 2 - at least not seen it adjusted to work - and not looked to see it work there.

Assume the RPI4/linux path is the good as shown and that the same indicated edit should work to find and execute TyCommander as it does on Windows. This allows IDE2 to get the Teensy selected for upload by TyCommander and use of TyCommander for Serial Monitor. It works better and provides it in a second window versus stuck in a subwindow of the IDE2.
> So putting 'just' that in platform.local.txt before starting IDE2 has been working here on Windows.
> and replacing it with any update to TeensyDuino version as it gets removed when the prior version is removed.

--delegate is used here as so many T_4.x's here are PJRC supplied lockable and TyCommander doesn't know the .eHex upload process so that defers to PJRC's Teensy.exe loader after the desired 'Teensy' is selected from TyCommander GUI.

@defragster , thanks. It sort of works. I was able to program my 4.1. However, it didn't automatically launch tycommander. But if I open tycommander manually, it seems to work. I will look at it some more.

Here is what I usually use in PIO.

Code:
[TeensyBase]
platform = teensy
upload_command = C:\toolchain\TyTools\tyCommanderC upload $SOURCE --autostart --wait --multi

[env:T4.0]
extends =TeensyBase
board = Teensy40

[env:T3.2]
extends = TeensyBase
board = Teensy31

Thanks. Haven't tried platform.io yet. Wasn't quite sure how to install it. Went to the GitHub site and they assumed you knew everything;). But I didn't. Is it a decent development environment? How hard is it to set up Teensy or other microcontrollers?

Went to the wrong site. Oops. Have to decide if I want Visual Studio on my Linux machine. Have mixed feelings about that. Hmm.

Last edited:
Thanks. Haven't tried platform.io yet. Wasn't quite sure how to install it. Went to the GitHub site and they assumed you knew everything;). But I didn't. Is it a decent development environment? How hard is it to set up Teensy or other microcontrollers?

IMHO PIO is pretty much THE current development system for embedded development. Installation is super simple, you'd install it from within vscode (it's just an extension to vscode). There should be plenty of instructions around. IIRC you are on Windows? If so, you could also give VisualTeensy a try which is my standard system (well, I'm biased of course :)

Been a Linux person for a while now, more than a decade. So installing MS stuff on Linux gives me pause, simply due to past MS hostility to the platform. Perhaps things have changed, and it is worth trying.

Back