Audio "examples\Analysis\FFT\FFT.ino" Compile failure: ide 1.6 Beta6

Status
Not open for further replies.

defragster

Senior Member+
[ edit : Happens on my Win7 and two less used Win8.1 machines ]

SPOILER ALERT from post #75:
You must create a clean sketchbook folder which does NOT contain a copy of the Arduino software.

You must create a clean sketchbook folder which does NOT contain a copy of the Arduino software.

I dropped my sketchbook folder into my Arduino folder and this was fine. But when I told the IDE where my folder was - I directed it to the Arduino root directory - because then I saw more sample sketches - but that was BAD because the IDE re-included everything it saw in that directory.

Due Diligence - before I posted the following about Forum Code I saw this FFT example: "C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Audio\examples\Analysis\FFT\FFT.ino"
Same setup as below - same Error:
WARNING: library Audio claims to run on [sam] architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board which runs on [avr] architecture(s).

In file included from C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Audio\src/Audio.h:16:0,
from FFT.ino:14:
Error compiling.

My file "...\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Audio\src/Audio.h:16:0":#include "DAC.h"

Looking to understand FFT and see a working example I pulled code (copy paste to IDE) from https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/24793-Audio-Library/page19: [03-25-2014, 09:30 AM]
Maybe the library changed in 11 months - maybe this is a problem with error messages?

If there are similar FFT samples I hope to find them . . . these were first up. [No AUDIO board and hoping to use Synthetic Sound source.]
What is Teensy_reboot.exe noted below?
Why does it see my SAM "Board: Teensy 3.1" as AVR?
I found this example from BING Does Google or Bing index this site for better searching? The native search box doesn't hit well on complex searches.

https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/24793-Audio-Library?p=44615&viewfull=1#post44615

and

https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/24793-Audio-Library?p=44643&viewfull=1#post44643

Using Teensy 3.1 and TeensyD 1.21-B6 with IDE 1.6 beta on Win7.

ON Latter example msg:#456 First time CPU was spun up and TaskMgr showed a Teensy_reboot.exe? The compile never completed. I shut it and IDE down and restarted and the _Reboot.exe didn't return, but that compile didn't complete just showed this and a waiting 'compiling bar under 50%'
WARNING: library Audio claims to run on [sam] architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board which runs on [avr] architecture(s).

In file included from C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Audio\src/Audio.h:16:0,
from T_FFT_456_24793.ino:1:

Compiling the first linked example msg:#453 it stopped on error saying that:
Build options changed, rebuilding all

from T_FFT_453_24793.ino:1:
Error compiling.

Last edited:
Do you have Teensy 3.1 selected in the Tools > Boards menu?

Those errors look like it's trying to use the "Audio" library for Arduino Due. When Teensy is selected, it should ignore Due's library and use the one for Teensy.

Indeed I do Paul - I checked that before I used double quotes . . .
"Board: Teensy 3.1"

Just compiling the ssd1306 sample it shows [no SSD wired yet] - just a warning from the 128x64_i2c sample:
C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire\Wire.cpp: In member function 'uint8_t TwoWire::requestFrom(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t)':
C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire\Wire.cpp:349:10: warning: variable 'tmp' set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
uint8_t tmp, status, count=0;
^

Sketch uses 25,980 bytes (9%) of program storage space. Maximum is 262,144 bytes.
Global variables use 3,776 bytes (5%) of dynamic memory, leaving 61,760 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 65,536 bytes.
C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino/hardware/tools/teensy_post_compile -file=T_ssd1306_128x64_i2c.cpp -path=C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\build5648395708762794041.tmp -tools=C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino/hardware/tools -board=TEENSY31 -reboot

This Worked:
Global variables use 2,432 bytes (3%) of dynamic memory, leaving 63,104 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 65,536 bytes.
C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino/hardware/tools/teensy_post_compile -file=T_IsNumber.cpp -path=C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\build5648395708762794041.tmp -tools=C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino/hardware/tools -board=TEENSY31 -reboot

then:

Error compiling.

Last edited:
I just tried it here. Loaded File > Examples > Audio > Analysis > FFT and clicked Verify. Here's what I see:

sc.png

That error is definitely from the Arduino Due library named "Audio". I'd really like to know why it's trying to use Due's library when you have Teensy selected...

Edit: look at the pathname in that error, "C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Audio\src/Audio.h". Looks like you have another (incompatible) copy of the Audio library in your Documents\Arduino\libraries folder.

When you add libraries in your "sketchbook" folder, they overrride the ones in Arduino. That lets you override libraries if you need to. But it's a huge opportunity for things to not work properly if you happen to put the wrong copy of a library there! Delete that one, so Arduino and use the Audio library which Teensyduino installed.

Last edited:
Makes sense . . . No handloaded libraries . . .

IDE's closed ready to re-scan-open

atmel uninstalled - problem persists. Only other item was VisualMicro after installing VStudio 2013 . . . Off comes VisualMicro . . .

No visual Micro for Arduino . . . IDE's closed ... re-scan-open ... Problem Persists. Atmel USB Driver Package coming off now.

{Only 45 other installed items since Fresh Arduino 1.6 installed 2/15 _ mostly Visual Studio 2013 - and MegUnoLink Pro terminal program}

Atmel USB Off - Ide Opening ... Still not a SAM system. Will MOVE the Teensy 'AVR' and re-apply the 1.6b2 TeensyDuino . . .

Last edited:
Moved: C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy to c:\tmp

Win7 x64 :: Ran: teensyduino_1.6b2.exe [ Installed 'C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tools\Teensy.exe' dated 2/25/15 3:35am is 1.21-beta6 ] (Copyright 2013)

Problem Persists. Is there some place else - or anything install wouldn't have 'restored'?

from T_FFT_453_24793.ino:1:
Error compiling.

I don't have : > Examples > Audio > Analysis > FFT

I used: C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Audio\examples\Analysis\FFT

'Should' be the same thing - but not under the 'Examples' menu system for me.

Off goes Arduino 1.6 . . . kill C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\ . . . Reinstall 1.6 and TeensyD . . .

Drum Roll . . . TeensyD couldn't hit the Jar - even as Admin - Windows Updates . . . Restart . . . an hour later IDE loading . . .

Last edited:
The same -
View attachment 3669
Arduino: 1.6.0 (Windows 7), TD: 1.21-beta6, Board: "Teensy 3.1, Serial, 96 MHz (overclock), US English"

Error compiling.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
enabled in File > Preferences.

This Error persists - can UPLOAD the interrupt sample okay, then then FFT fails.

AtmelStudio and VisualMicro Uninstalled - and residual Progx86 directories renamed
[ MSFT VisStudio 2013 still here.]
No Prog_x86 Arduino directory, Prior Arduino 1.6 removed
Reinstalled to documents\Arduino that was 'gone'.
I did not swap the Jar file that addressed Serial Reconnect
Arduino IDE installed Fresh :: Arduino: 1.6.0 (Windows 7)
<rebooted>
TeensyDuino installed Fresh :: TD: 1.21-beta6

I have a Win8 machine I can try after a bit . . .

BTW:As before Button click stops the running Interrupt Blink- goes & stays dark , restarts at some point with some 1-20 button Click(s) of some sort.

Last edited:
Windows can be a real pain like this, keeping hidden phantom copies of stuff.

Are you sure you really deleted C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Audio? If you're still getting errors about that .h file, it's probably still there in some form or another (eg, NTFS junction points), even if the Windows Explorer isn't showing you the files.

There was no Tim\documents\Arduino. IDE uninstall stripped it - I deleted it - from explorer
My user\public\docs has no Arduino directory
I did find "Documents\Atmel Studio" that I just removed, no change.

I just did a rename: "C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Audio\src\Audio.h.txt" - suggests the file is coming from that place and can't compile without it:
View attachment Audio.h
Directory of C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Audio\src

02/08/2015 02:39 PM 2,126 Audio.cpp
02/08/2015 02:39 PM 1,741 Audio.h
02/08/2015 02:39 PM 3,590 DAC.cpp
02/08/2015 02:39 PM 1,085 DAC.h

Is it looking in ARDUINO copy because of the SAM .vs. AVR confusion? Everything else is from TEENSY dirs.

I cannot rename the Documents\Arduino\libraries\Audio directory - something does have it locked and I don't see anything open. I'll look at my Win8 machine in a few hours.

Arduino: 1.6.0 (Windows 7), TD: 1.21-beta6, Board: "Teensy 3.1, Serial, 96 MHz (overclock), US English"

T_FFT_453_24793.ino:1:19: fatal error: Audio.h: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.

Error compiling.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
enabled in File > Preferences.

{edit} Ide AUTO re-open had me compile FORUM file::

Using library Audio in folder: C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Audio

Using library Wire in folder: C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire (legacy)

Using library SPI in folder: C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SPI (legacy)

Using library SD in folder: C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SD

C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino/hardware/tools/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++ -c -g -Os -Wall -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -MMD -nostdlib -fno-exceptions -felide-constructors -std=gnu++0x -fno-rtti -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -D__MK20DX256__ -DTEENSYDUINO=121 -DARDUINO=10600 -DF_CPU=96000000 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_SERIAL -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH -IC:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3 -IC:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Audio\src -IC:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire -IC:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SPI -IC:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SD\src C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\build6533931243232663307.tmp\FFT.cpp -o C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\build6533931243232663307.tmp\FFT.cpp.o

FFT.ino:14:19: fatal error: Audio.h: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.

Error compiling.

Restored the file and went VERBOSE - what's the deal with
:

Using library Wire in folder: C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire (legacy)

C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino/hardware/tools/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++ -c -g -Os -Wall -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -MMD -nostdlib -fno-exceptions -felide-constructors -std=gnu++0x -fno-rtti -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -D__MK20DX256__ -DTEENSYDUINO=121 -DARDUINO=10600 -DF_CPU=96000000 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_SERIAL -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH -IC:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3 -IC:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire -IC:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SD\src C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\build3130070860099597328.tmp\T_FFT_453_24793.cpp -o C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\build3130070860099597328.tmp\T_FFT_453_24793.cpp.o

T_FFT_453_24793.ino:1:19: fatal error: Audio.h: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.

Error compiling.

Last edited:
Win8.1x64 : Basically Pristine machine - none of the kraap from above.

Still getting AVR's AUDIO from ARDUINO not TEENSY - and dying trying . . . . This one is running BETA5 TeensyD

Arduino: 1.6.0 (Windows 8), TD: 1.21-beta5, Board: "Teensy 3.1, Serial, 96 MHz (overclock), US English"

Using library Audio in folder: C:\Users\mobil_000\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Audio

Using library Wire in folder: C:\Users\mobil_000\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire (legacy)

Using library SPI in folder: C:\Users\mobil_000\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SPI (legacy)

Using library SD in folder: C:\Users\mobil_000\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SD

C:\Users\mobil_000\Documents\Arduino/hardware/tools/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++ -c -g -Os -Wall -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -MMD -nostdlib -fno-exceptions -felide-constructors -std=gnu++0x -fno-rtti -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -D__MK20DX256__ -DTEENSYDUINO=121 -DARDUINO=10600 -DF_CPU=96000000 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_SERIAL -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH -IC:\Users\mobil_000\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3 -IC:\Users\mobil_000\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Audio\src -IC:\Users\mobil_000\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire -IC:\Users\mobil_000\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SPI -IC:\Users\mobil_000\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SD\src C:\Users\MOBIL_~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build160797640989785592.tmp\FFT.cpp -o C:\Users\MOBIL_~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build160797640989785592.tmp\FFT.cpp.o

In file included from C:\Users\mobil_000\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Audio\src/Audio.h:16:0,

Error compiling.

1.6B2 with TeensyD1,21-b6 - the same:
Arduino: 1.6.0 (Windows 8), TD: 1.21-beta6, Board: "Teensy 3.1, Serial, 96 MHz (overclock), US English"

Using library Audio in folder: C:\Users\mobil_000\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Audio

Using library Wire in folder: C:\Users\mobil_000\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire (legacy)

Using library SPI in folder: C:\Users\mobil_000\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SPI (legacy)

C:\Users\mobil_000\Documents\Arduino/hardware/tools/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++ -c -g -Os -Wall -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -MMD -nostdlib -fno-exceptions -felide-constructors -std=gnu++0x -fno-rtti -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -D__MK20DX256__ -DTEENSYDUINO=121 -DARDUINO=10600 -DF_CPU=96000000 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_SERIAL -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH -IC:\Users\mobil_000\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3 -IC:\Users\mobil_000\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Audio\src -IC:\Users\mobil_000\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire -IC:\Users\mobil_000\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SPI -IC:\Users\mobil_000\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SD\src C:\Users\MOBIL_~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build552765194207507991.tmp\FFT.cpp -o C:\Users\MOBIL_~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build552765194207507991.tmp\FFT.cpp.o

In file included from C:\Users\mobil_000\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Audio\src/Audio.h:16:0,

Error compiling.

Last edited:
As noted my Win8.1 x64 box was updated to latest known beta 1.21b6 and it showed the same behavior. Now opened my Win8.1x32 tablet and updated it as well and get the same (sam) .vs. (avr) confusion causing IDE to compile Audio.h from non-Teensy source tree.

When you ran the Teensyduino installer, did you have it install the Audio library?

From those messages, clearly it's using the "Audio" provided from Arduino (for Due) and not the one Teensyduino installs.

Can you check if you really have a C:\Users\mobil_000\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Audio folder. Or is C:\Users\mobil_000\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Audio (not inside hardware/teensy/avr) the only place on your installation with Audio.h?

If you really do have both libraries/Audio/Audio.h and hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/Audio.h, then there's some sort of strange bug causing Arduino to use the wrong copy.

But that's a VERY different problem than if you are missing hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/Audio.h, so I really need you to look into those locations and confirm if the files are truly present.

Indeed - some strange bug. Yes, ALL library install was selected on all three machines.

Directory of C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Audio

02/25/2015 04:51 AM 3,772 Audio.h
02/25/2015 04:51 AM 1,935 AudioControl.h

View attachment TAUD.txt

Directory of C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Audio\src

02/08/2015 02:39 PM 2,126 Audio.cpp
2 File(s) 3,867 bytes
0 Dir(s) 97,542,225,920 bytes free

And from Win8.1x64 machine:

I have these Teensy-avr-library-keyword.txt files: View attachment tmp.txt

Volume in drive C is Dev_2tb
Volume Serial Number is F04F-3EFD

Directory of C:\Users\mobil_000\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Audio

02/25/2015 06:19 AM 3,772 Audio.h
1 File(s) 3,772 bytes

Directory of C:\Users\mobil_000\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Audio\src

1 File(s) 1,741 bytes

Total Files Listed:
2 File(s) 5,513 bytes
0 Dir(s) 1,592,384,335,872 bytes free

Paul:

Let me know if there is anything else I can look up - I suspected the OLD forum code and went to the sample - I suspected my Win7 machine may have been compromised by 'other tools'. One or both of my Win8.1 machines should be as close to stock and fresh as anyone could have.

Somehow this sam.vs.avr seems unique to Audio. I have yet to have time to solder anything to my Teensies - except a crystal on one. If there is any other library I can exercise let me know - of course compiling doesn't need hardware.

As far as I saw I have the latest Beta bits you've linked out. I didn't see an uninstall for TeensyD 1.21-b5, so ran b2 release (as admin) to get the 1.21-b6 TeensyD. On win 8.1 machines. On x32 I closed IDE. Rebooted to be sure no files were held open, then did the new TeensyD install to 1.21-b6 and saw the issue reproduce as noted.

I just compiled and uploaded this with no problem: "C:\Users\mobil_000\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\ILI9341_t3\examples\graphicstest\graphicstest.ino" :: View attachment TILI9341_t3.txt

Returning to my open FFT IDE - the error persists.
Arduino: 1.6.0 (Windows 8), TD: 1.21-beta6, Board: "Teensy 3.1, Serial, 96 MHz (overclock), US English"

C:\Users\mobil_000\Documents\Arduino/hardware/tools/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++ -c -g -Os -Wall -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -MMD -nostdlib -fno-exceptions -felide-constructors -std=gnu++0x -fno-rtti -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -D__MK20DX256__ -DTEENSYDUINO=121 -DARDUINO=10600 -DF_CPU=96000000 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_SERIAL -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH -IC:\Users\mobil_000\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3 -IC:\Users\mobil_000\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Audio\src -IC:\Users\mobil_000\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire -IC:\Users\mobil_000\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SPI -IC:\Users\mobil_000\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SD\src C:\Users\MOBIL_~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build6704356573145090068.tmp\FFT.cpp -o C:\Users\MOBIL_~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build6704356573145090068.tmp\FFT.cpp.o

Error compiling.

Last edited:
Paul - Is there any quick idea or question you have that I can follow? Or is this an internal mystery?

Does the (legacy) attribute say anything - or is that expected? [SPI and ILI9341]

Perhaps ideas on other similar Libraries or samples I could compile to get a thumbs up or down on between SAM and AVR? Any unique resource that FFT uses that might be common with another library? The ILI9341 Display worked - and SPI and its related things came in right - and the two of them seem to use a variety of objects.

Under Audio these fail the same: ToneSweep.ino and CalcBiquadToneControlDAP

FastSPI_LED___testleds works as does FastLED___XYMatrix.ino

Lots of what I found brings in some (legacy) so I haven't found much exotic? Is it DMA? Though OctoWS2811 compiles with (legacy).

but SdCardTest works - as it is just the SD card - assuming the SD card portion is not Teensy specific?

Using library SPI in folder: C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SPI (legacy)

For my project I have MPU9250 that will use Onehorse libraries, My analog mic will use the FFT Audio - Robin sent me two ILI9341 and that compiles. I'm looking to have a pair of RF24 units and Radiohead client&server work. I saw Artnet posted in the forum and that compiles. EEProm read compiles.

Compiles: "C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\OctoWS2811\examples\Artnet\Artnet.ino"

Using library Ethernet in folder: C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet
Using library OctoWS2811 in folder: C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\OctoWS2811 (legacy)

Also compiles (legacy) "C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\OctoWS2811\examples\BasicTest\BasicTest.ino"

Compiles: "C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\RadioHead\examples\nrf24\nrf24_client\nrf24_client.pde"

Compiles: "C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\RadioHead\examples\nrf24\nrf24_server\nrf24_server.pde"

Using library RadioHead in folder: C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\RadioHead (legacy)

Compiles: "C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\DS1307RTC\examples\ReadTest\ReadTest.ino"

Using library Time in folder: C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Time (legacy)
Using library DS1307RTC in folder: C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\DS1307RTC (legacy)

Paul (et al): Hopefully a new clue? Or maybe evidence to direct your search.

When I have the Arduino\..\Audio it fails the same with this FORUM sample: Below I remove the avr\audio from Arduino tree and get new results. The Forum example is shown to FAIL for a new reason, then at bottom the Audio/Analysis/FFT sketch compiles and runs.

11-05-2014, 06:04 PM #101 View attachment T_ADCLibUpd_101_25532.ino

I have a [SAM] ADC.h
Directory of C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\hardware\arduino\sam\system\libsam\
include
02/08/2015 02:39 PM 10,695 adc.h

I hid the Arduino\library\audio and it compiles until it sees that I have no ADC.H in my [avr] TEENSY libraries tree::

Using library Audio in folder: C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Audio (legacy)

C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino/hardware/tools/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++ -c -g -Os -Wall -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -MMD -nostdlib -fno-exceptions -felide-constructors -std=gnu++0x -fno-rtti -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -D__MK20DX256__ -DTEENSYDUINO=121 -DARDUINO=10600 -DF_CPU=96000000 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_SERIAL -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH -IC:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3 -IC:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Audio -IC:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire -IC:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SPI -IC:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SD\src C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\build3104763281373700777.tmp\T_ADCLibUpd_101_25532.cpp -o C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\build3104763281373700777.tmp\T_ADCLibUpd_101_25532.cpp.o
T_ADCLibUpd_101_25532.ino:26:17: fatal error: ADC.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
Error compiling.

This is the STOCK FFT sample and compiles and executes (no values)- just warnings once it can't compile with [avr] AUDIO

C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire\Wire.cpp: In member function 'uint8_t TwoWire::requestFrom(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t)':
C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire\Wire.cpp:349:10: warning: variable 'tmp' set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
uint8_t tmp, status, count=0;
^
C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SD\src\utility\Sd2Card.cpp: In member function 'uint8_t Sd2Card::readData(uint32_t, uint16_t, uint16_t, uint8_t*)':
C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SD\src\utility\Sd2Card.cpp:379:12: warning: unused variable 'n' [-Wunused-variable]
uint16_t n;
^
C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SD\src\utility\SdFile.cpp: In member function 'uint8_t SdFile::rmRfStar()':
C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SD\src\utility\SdFile.cpp:907:40: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
if (curPosition_ != (32*(index + 1))) {
^

Sketch uses 91,052 bytes (34%) of program storage space. Maximum is 262,144 bytes.
Global variables use 13,404 bytes (20%) of dynamic memory, leaving 52,132 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 65,536 bytes.
C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino/hardware/tools/teensy_post_compile -file=FFT.cpp -path=C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\build3104763281373700777.tmp -tools=C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Arduino/hardware/tools -board=TEENSY31 -reboot

I'll get my Windows test machine out later today. Maybe this is a Windows-specific problem? Obviously it's not using the proper copies of libraries, and that's a problem which must be fixed.

The "(legacy)" message merely means the library lacks a new metadata file, which nobody other than Arduino is actually using yet in their libraries.

Thanks Paul. Odd (to me) that Windows isn't the common machine - but . . . at least with this Audio library it seems that must be the case or I wouldn't have been the first to find it. Good to know (legacy) is a harmless insult.

Have fun. Hopefully my reams of spew will have narrowed it down some save you some time. Can I install the 'current' release TeensyD and IDE 1.0.6 (?) from PJRC.com in parallel (same machine diff directory?) and see if it works? I've never touched these until you released this 1.6 Beta.

I played with FFT's on a VAX at PSU in '83-'84 with some guidance from my high school friend - who ended up with his phd and still doing research/teaching living and breathing them pretending to see things. Would probably be funny to compare the Teensy 3.1 specs to those DEC's - especially considering the climate controlled air conditioning bills and HALON fire protection system they had for them.

Yes, you can install lots of separate copies of Ardiuno. On Windows, use the zip file, so you have more control over where the files are extracted. Arduino's installer isn't designed for more than 1 copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back