Plans for Teensy 3.1 with MINI54TAN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's actually 2 plans...

We currently have a large number of the MINI54TAN parts, enough to last about 6 months.

Short-term, I've got some of the newer MINI54TDE parts here for testing. After Teensy-LC is released, a bootloader upgrade to fix the pin 33 issue is pretty high on my priority list. I'm going to test with both 'TAN and 'TDE, so we'll be able to use either.

Longer-term, the plan is to switch Teensy 3.1 to the KL02 part which is on Teensy-LC.

@PaulStoffregen: I'm working on rev 3 of a prototype that has a footprint for the Teensy Loader MINI54LAN chip. I don't see any major pinout differences between the MINI54LAN and MINI54LDE.

Do you plan to offer the MINI54LDE with Teensy Loader installed once your stock of MINI54LAN is gone?

Oof, first I'm hearing of this. Wonderful! Is the DE a drop-in replacement for those of us with custom boards?

The new DE parts are a drop-in replacement.

Internally, the DE chip has some additional power saving modes and other minor changes, which is why I need to test carefully to make sure the next rev works on both AN and DE.

Longer-term, the plan is to switch Teensy 3.1 to the KL02 part which is on Teensy-LC.

What would be the benefits? I was thinking of getting the Teensy-LC but got the 3.1 instead since I wanted the full juice. The Teensy-LC's low cost concept certainly pays a toll on the processor specs.

I hope something like the MINI54TDE won't be the sequel of Teensy's 3.1 processor. 24 MHz, no overlock? (seriously?). I certainly can't argue with the low power Cotex-M0 abilities thought, thats for sure.

I hope something like the MINI54TDE won't be the sequel of Teensy's 3.1 processor.
I believe the MINI54 device is used only for the bootloader on Teensy 3.0, 3.1 and LC; the previous MINI54TAN flavor is becoming obsolete so Paul's testing an updated version going forward- again, presumably just bootloader function.

I believe the MINI54 device is used only for the bootloader on Teensy 3.0, 3.1 and LC; the previous MINI54TAN flavor is becoming obsolete so Paul's testing an updated version going forward- again, presumably just bootloader function.
I see, that solved my confusion

LOL, yes!! Especially its low power features. Buggy and terribly difficult to use.
When I wrote a DMA WS2812 driver for Raspberry Pi last year, I learned something very important: What it says in the programmer's manual, and what was actually put onto the chip, are often two different things!!!

Yup, that can be terribly frustrating.

Nuvoton generally documents all their features, sometimes in broken English, and sometimes with very confusing wording. That's the easy part. The hard part is the errata, which they don't publish. I'm sure if they did, it would be much longer than the entire reference manual.

The RasPi's PWM and DMA engines have the same problem, unpublished errata. It took me a while to figure out that the PWM engine needs to be "massaged" to operate like the manual says it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back