Adafruit 3.5" TFT HX8357D

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I know, UTFT is the only library supporting 16 bit parallel displays. Not sure if it supports this one.

The reality of so many wires to connect is a rather low success rate, even when the software does support it. A simpler connection of just 4 or 5 signals is much easier to get right.

Last edited:
As far as I know, UTFT is the only library supporting 16 bit parallel displays. Not sure if it supports this one.

The reality of so many wires to connect is a rather low success rate, even when the software does support it. A simpler connection of just 4 or 5 signals is much easier to get right.

Hi :)

you are right, the only libarys that work with this display are UTFT and TFT_HX8357 I, too, think I will get a other display with SPI .. anyway, it works.. but wtf, why is white 0x0000 and black 0xffff ?? oO .. did I miss some kind of "Opposite Day"?

Hi, I am new here. I downloaded the new TouchScreen.h and TouchScreen.cpp from this thread. I am trying to get the touchscreen portion of the Adafruit HX8357 display with SPI interface working. I have gotten the display to work and am able to run the graphics test and the breakouttouchpaint sketches. Everything displays on the screen as they should. Everything is wired into my Teensy 3.2 and I have verified that things are working by previously wiring into a Mega2560 board. I noticed a few people reported they were able to get the touchscreen to work, but didn't really mention what they did exactly. Any help is greatly appreciated. I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I too can't get the library working using hardware SPI. If I use software spi the 8357 library works.

When initializing the hardware spi, i noticed the code will not enter the begin() method. I put a Serial.println("it landed here"); as the first line after begin() and it was never called. I'm getting out of my league with this one. Has anyone got the 8357 libs to work? I can get the ILI9341 to work.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Paul,

Im also strugling with the HX8357D library.
Like the others in here, I was able to use the ILI9341 library with the 3.5 inch HX8357D screen.
It doesnt work perfect though, it only works sometimes.

Did anyone got the HX8357D library to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back