Problems with new Teensyduino and FastLED and my Necklace app

Status
Not open for further replies.

craiglindley

Hello

This morning I upgraded Arduino to 1.6.1 and Teensyduino to 1.21 on my Mac running OSX 10.10.2. My Necklace app (attached) compiled and ran fine previously but now doesn't even compile. I get the following error messages:

PROBLEM ONE
In file included from Necklace.ino:20:0:
/Users/craiglindley/Documents/Arduino/libraries/FastLED/FastLED.h:12:2: warning: #warning FastLED version 3001000 (Not really a warning, just telling you here.) [-Wcpp]
#warning FastLED version 3001000 (Not really a warning, just telling you here.)

I've never seen the above warning before today.

PROBLEM TWO
^
In file included from /Users/craiglindley/Documents/Arduino/libraries/FastLED/platforms/arm/k20/fastled_arm_k20.h:8:0,
from /Users/craiglindley/Documents/Arduino/libraries/FastLED/platforms.h:8,
from /Users/craiglindley/Documents/Arduino/libraries/FastLED/FastLED.h:42,
from Necklace.ino:20:
/Users/craiglindley/Documents/Arduino/libraries/FastLED/platforms/arm/k20/fastspi_arm_k20.h: In member function 'void ARMHardwareSPIOutput<_DATA_PIN, _CLOCK_PIN, _SPI_CLOCK_DIVIDER, pSPIX>::init()':
/Users/craiglindley/Documents/Arduino/libraries/FastLED/platforms/arm/k20/fastspi_arm_k20.h:194:24: error: 'SPI0' was not declared in this scope
if((SPI_t*)pSPIX == &SPI0) {
^
Error compiling.

The problem probably stems from the fact that I am not really using FastLED to control my LCD display. I'm just using FastLED for its palette and random functions.

Any idea of how to solve this?

Thanks

Attachments

• Necklace.zip
    18.1 KB · Views: 136
/Users/craiglindley/Documents/Arduino/libraries/FastLED/platforms/arm/k20/fastspi_arm_k20.h:194:24: error: 'SPI0' was not declared in this scope
if((SPI_t*)pSPIX == &SPI0) {
^
Error compiling

Any idea of how to solve this?

either of these:

1: use the copy of FastLED provided by the Teensyduino installer. It has this problem fixed. Your copy in Documents/Arduino is overriding it.

2: replace "SPI0" with "KINETISK_SPI0".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back