Updated Website Information for Teeny 3.[01]??

baumann

In attempting to get some of my "sketches" moved to the teensy from my arduino libraries, I searched for the pin names (e.g. PIN_D0) for use in the setting and clearing of outputs. I found a number of pages that have not been updated to include the 3 series teensys (teensies? :D ). Any chance of that happening soon? (redirects to offsite information welcome as well)

Well, that depends on how you define "soon"....

I'm currently working on a number of pretty important software efforts, which have been mentioned here in other threads. Some of those are at a much higher priority than a comprehensive reworking of the website. So for the near future, only small website updates are planned.

The PIN_XY names were defined for the AVR port+pin info that's physically printed on the Teensy 2.0 and Teensy++ 2.0 boards. Using those names dates back to days before Teensy worked with Arduino, and before direct I/O was possible with Arduino functions.

Starting with Teensy 3.0, I switched to using only Arduino's numbering convention for pins. It's much simpler. And with digitalWriteFast() and digitalReadFast(), you can get direct register-level access using the pin numbers, without having to look up which actual hardware registers are used.

Eventually, those pages will be updated... but not to add more pin names. The old pin names will likely be dropped from being an officially documented feature. Using the Arduino convention numbers is much simpler.

That just makes things a bit easier - thanks. (I was more than a little confused - and I get the higher priority only too well)

Back