Visual Studio with Visual Micro support for Teensy LC

Status
Not open for further replies.

KurtE

Senior Member+
Sorry, I know part of this was already talked about in the Teensy LC thread, but thought it maybe deserved it's own thread.

There are times I get tired of using the Arduino IDE, especially since most of the time I am working on libraries and as such need to use a separate editor for those files... So I have been alternating between maybe using Visual Studio or using Eclipse.

I also noticed yesterday they released a new version of the visual micro that supports Arduino 1.6.1
http://www.visualmicro.com/page/Arduino-Visual-Studio-Downloads.aspx

I also noticed that the Teensy page:
http://www.visualmicro.com/page/Teensy-for-Microsoft-Visual-Studio.aspx

Talks about Paul stabilizing the next release which has been released. It also mentioned about editing boards.txt...

So I thought I would give it a try. But even after making the marked edit in boards.txt If I try to compile for Teensy LC (which is in the list), it errors with:
Code:
Compiling 'ILI9341_Test_ReadPixel' for 'Teensy LC'
arm-none-eabi-g++*:error: {build.flags.optimize}: No such file or directory
arm-none-eabi-gcc*:error: {build.flags.optimize}: No such file or directory
Error compiling
I tried adding a dummy:
Code:
teensyLC.build.flags.optimize=
Tried also adding some dummy define on it instead of leaving it blank (like -DTeensyLC)
Same error.

So wondering if anyone else has gotten it to work?

Thanks

I tried it in a VM some time ago, and I think it worked with a blank value or useless define (such as -Wall). I discarded the snapshot because it was big (seriously, 8 GB for Visual Studio?) so I can't check it anymore, but I'm positive it worked.

Did you restart the IDE when you tried those changes? I seem to recall there was an option to force Visual Micro to reload the settings in the the Tools menu, or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back