Crash calling RTC.read using DS1307RTC Library and Teensyduino 1.21 (but not 1.20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonCoon

First, thank you for all of your hard work. I've used Teensy 3.1, Teensyduino, and many of your libraries in a few projects and have been very happy with them.

I've switched the Aurora project for the SmartMatrix display from Teensyduino 1.20 to 1.21 and everything works great except it crashes if I call RTC.read() or RTC.write(). I can use the exact same source in 1.20 and it works fine.

I've spent a lot of time trying to isolate the issue, since Aurora uses a lot of different libraries and hardware. I cannot reproduce the issue in the SmartMatrix clock example

The timeStatus(), hour(), minute(), etc, methods do not cause the same crash. Is there any advantage/disadvantage to the methods used in the Time library example as opposed to those in the DS1307RTC example?

Here's the source: https://github.com/pixelmatix/aurora/tree/Aurora1.4 Specifically, it crashes on ClockDisplay.h, line 82.

I understand you likely don't have the time and hardware to completely reproduce the issue, I was just hoping there might be something obvious (to you) that I'm missing.

Thanks for any assistance/guidance you might be able to provide!

Sorry, correction: using hour(), minute(), etc, just delayed the crash. Looks like the Time library waits five minutes before syncing with the RTC. It froze when it finally did sync.

Yeah, the ReadTest example from the DS1307RTC library works fine.

I've narrowed it down to the CPU Speed setting. It works fine now when set to '96 MHz optimized (overclock)', but hangs when set to '96 MHz (overclock)'.

Thank you both for your responses and help.

Not that I can find, they're all %d, %0d, etc.

Now that it's working in optimized mode, I'm not terribly concerned with it. I'll try not to waste any more of your time. :) Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back