Teensy 3.x NATIVE USB HOST PREVIEW AVAILABLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tenkai: Have been very busy, but someone did start porting ADK support. After they fix up the patch, I'll be accepting and testing that.
I also have some hardware to test on here as well. I don't recall if it was you or someone else that tried to do this, if it was you, do you still have the code?

I am looking a way to connect USB mouse (non PS2) to Teensy 3.2, 3.5 or 3.6 is there already a way to do that?

I'm considering doing exactly this during the weekend.
I still need to work out what the exact layering will be used to achieve this.

@xxxajk, It wasn't me who had code. I was the one who had MIDI hardware ready to be tested.

Is ADK what we need to get MIDI Host Mode working?

No. ADK is for Android.

Join us on the project, someone is already doing MIDI support.
https://github.com/felis/UHS30
Go to the wiki to see how to participate if you want to do any development. Otherwise use what you have as-is and be a tester.

I'm confused about this library. Does it use the teensy as a host or does it require a separate USB host board? If it requires a separate host does it have provisions to use other SPI devices at the same time? I seem to remember seeing a comment about it not requiring SS, if that is so how can another device operate at the same time. Can someone clarify please.

Thanks for asking this. I had the same question after reading through the ReadMe.

Very interesting project.

Its been quiet here, what is the current status of Teensy 3.2, 3.5, 3.6 USB host? is there any libraries to get a mouse working?

Forgive my naivete, but can this be used for the usb pins on the inside part of the Teensy 3.6 board?
Where I'd have to solder some pins and connect to a usb connector. Right?
Or is it just for the usb connector that already exists on the Teensy?
I'm wonder how does one exactly get that 480mb out of the Teensy 3.6 usb?

I'm pretty new at this, but up to the learning challenge.
Might even ask some question to make you guys face palm. lol.
But hey, how am I going to learn anything?

BTW, I do have a background in c# & java, been in the game industry for years. I see this stuff as a nice way to dig into c++.
Just new to dev boards and that, grew up around electronics, I have a retired dad top ask questions of, but he's a little older tech era.

That high speed usb is what attracted me to the 3.6, I get them impression that feature is not 100% nailed down as of right now?
Will there be any tutorials on how to wire those pins on the inside of the 3.5/3.6 up to a usb connector?
Seems like it might be pretty simple.

Yes, there's a new and still somewhat experimental library for using the 2nd USB port. So far the only documentation is the example, which you can open with File > Examples > USBHost_t36 > Test. Currently only 3 drivers exist, for keyboards, MIDI, and hubs.

The regular USBHost library (version 3) has some code for the 2nd USB port, but as far as I know it doesn't work yet.

These things take time. At least it's an active work in progress.
I still have a bit of learning to get to where I want to be anyway, by then, I'm sure it will be well along in development.

I'm one of those self-taught weirdos, lol, who knows when I'll get to it. But good to know it will be available when I get around to that part of my meandering project.
I basically want to see if I can get multiple 3.6's transferring back and forth as fast as possible, cameras on some of them, displays on others. I suppose usb is the way.
But I'm more feeling in the dark, seeing what I can do. Eventually I'll cobble together a 3D printer/cnc.
I have a metalworking and drafting background as well.

Could you point some directions how to get the USB mouse working. I have currently PS2 mouse conected and can emulate Mouse via the USB connection towards computer. What I really would need is USB Mouse connected

Some USB Host MIDI testing

(oops, wrong thread, moved)

Attachments

• seaboard_usbhost.jpg
    seaboard_usbhost.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 393
Last edited:
I'm not the original author of it, and I still do need to clean up the code, as it isn't using the whole API correctly-- although it does work.
I got a little bit of time today to clean up the library and test it, then you can extend the methods how ever you require them inside your sketch.
If you have anything you really would like to see in the library, please do not hesitate to fork the git repository, and submit a pull request.

Currently working out the nasty bugs. It works on the first round, then crashes when you unplug, then replug in.
Time to dig out my home made JTAG jig (Made from a teensy 3.x!!!) and take a look at the stack trace :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back