Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: 2.0 not rebooting, and IDE crashing. Hard.

2.0 not rebooting, and IDE crashing. Hard.

Hi, I'm working on windows 7, using the latest Arduino IDE + teensyduino, and trying to program a 2.0.
    I've been coding, uploading, and running just fine for hours and now suddenly when I upload, the Teensy loader opens, but I get
    "Teensy did not respond to a USB-based request to automatically reboot. Please press the PROGRAM MODE BUTTON ..."

When I then hit the reboot button, it seemed to upload, but I couldn't access the Serial Monitor, and was getting some error that I don't remember now, because the next thing I did was try to restart the IDE, but when I tried to close it, it froze, and after forcing it closed with task manager and then restarting the computer, I was briefly BSOD'd before being told windows had recovered from a serious error.

Now, when I go through the same process and hit the reboot button, I get a warning from windows saying "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it, so I reinstalled teensyduino, but that doesn't do anything either. I've got multiple 2.0's so I tried it on another one, and the first time it loaded, and then I couldn't get it to work after that, which made me think it was something in the code, but trying different code doesn't work, either... any help would be much appreciated

Ok, this morning I reinstalled everything- Arduino IDE, Teensyduino, and Teensy bootloader, tried to upload, and when it started to hang, opened the bootloader's verbose info. Then while it was still hanging, I rebooted the board, and when it came back up it started working properly again.

I have no idea which part of that fixed the problem, but hopefully that helps anyone who has the same issue.